Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Hola Guys
I've got a Benimar Europa on a Fiat Ducato 2.8 td year 2002. Does anyone know if i need any special tools to change the disc pads? Last time i tried to change pads on my opel car it needed a tool i didn't have so had to pay the garage to do. Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
David:Smile:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I have the 2004/5 Ducato and if its the same you need a very good set of Alan Keys to undo the slide bolts, can't remember the actual size but it was not in the normal cheap sets, had to purchase a single key from Halfords, other than that no real problem.

I seem to remember that one set of pads I purchased came with a new slide bolt and a cheaper set didn't, so that's a point to watch out for, as i believe you are supposed to replace them after removal,

If the set you purchase has replacement bolts you can check the size of the Alan Key, or whether you need an Alan Key at all because the slide bolts were the only thing I needed to remove.

Hope that helps.

Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
You will find it easier to push the pistons if you use the right tool,buy cheaply from any motorfactors if i remember correctly around a tenner

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Only special tool you need is a 6mm Allen key. If not replacing with new slide bolts you will need some thread locker, and do watch the slider corrugated rubber seals, some earlier ones are very thin and easily damaged, most common being trapping them under the slider when reasembling.

bmwtouring

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Motorhome
When doing the pads on my car it was a 7mm allen key that was needed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
They can and do switch fasters from time to time, depending on supplies at the time of build. there is no right or wrong tool
Sometimes allen keys sometimes star drive you have to do a visual to check what you have, also sizes can and do differ from make to make and model to model:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back