Fiat CI Carioca 746 Review? (1 Viewer)

S

Stewie

Deleted User
My family & I are currently in the process of purchasing a 6 berth motorhome. We really like the Fiat CI Carioca 746 but are struggling to find any reviews of the vehicle anywhere on the Internet. Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone own one of these vehicles?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
My family & I are currently in the process of purchasing a 6 berth motorhome. We really like the Fiat CI Carioca 746 but are struggling to find any reviews of the vehicle anywhere on the Internet. Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone own one of these vehicles?

HI and welcome to the forum.

Although I can't comment on the 746 I did own a carioca 5 for 3 years. The 746 if my memory serves me correctly is a rear lounge model. I did look at on of these at one of the shows last year. The 746 is a nice looking van but my ownly concern would be the storage space. there is i think a side locker but this is only quite small.
The CI range themselves are budjet priced motorhomes that are built to a decent standard. ours was quite robust even with kids slamming doors and such.
If it is a 6 birth you need/want then pay attention to payload and also is the rear loung to be made in to a double or are you hoping for 2 singles, if the latter then the lounge is quite small.
good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi Stewie

If its helps, I took delivery of our 2008 model Carioca 746 just two weeks ago, and we're over the moon with it...

We haven't had much of a chance to get out in it (just a couple of day trips), so probably can't comment to much, but can advise on sizes/capacities etc...

The rear lounge seats are not massive, my missus (5' 2") can lie out on both sides no probs, but its a bit cramped for me (5' 10") even on the longest side...

Is there anything specific you're in need of knowing ?

Cheers

Steve

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Stewie

Deleted User
Fiat CI Carioca 746 Review

Thanks for your prompt reply. Whichever 6 berth campervan we go for, its an upgrade from our caravan of the last few years - so we're total novices! Also, we use Internet reviews for places we travel to, holidays abroad and many other things. So, its unusual for us not to find a review of the CI Carioca 746.
In terms of specifics, I'd like to know they include:
Have you encountered any issues with Windows not being sealed properly?
What you do you think of the storage space?
How are getting on with the shower & toilet?
What extras such as aircon/reversing camera did you go far?

Finally, what other models did you look at & what made you go for the CI Carioca 746?

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Stewie,

Dont know where you are but I have 5 six berth preowned, 4 Swift Kontikis and an extremely well specced Ace Verona if they are of any interest.

Good luck in your search.:thumb:

Peter

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi Stewie

We narrowed our choice down to the Autoroller 600 (about £30k) and the Carioca 746 (£33k) as they were really the only ones in budget for the 6 berth/6 seats/rear lounge combination. Obviously, there were extras - in our case, a Fiamma Awning & 2 Bike Rack plus the cab air-con...

We were lucky that our dealer had both models for us to see. We spent about an hour going to and fro between them. I used to work for Ford many years ago, so before I saw them, I had a leaning toward the AutoRoller...

However, for us, the choice of the Carioca became a no-brainer for many reasons, Here are just a few:
1. The rear lounge is a bit longer, but feels so much more open.
2. The AR600 had no/little kitchen work surface.
3. The Carioca felt so much more sturdier. This was particularly highlighted in the
overhead locker catches. The AR600 ones felt very fragile & plastic, where the
Carioca's felt much more solid & metallic.
4. Removeable carpets - we have two labradors !!!
5. A proper door on the shower
6. The AR600's navy blue upholstery made the interior feel dark compared with the
light and airy feel of the Carioca
7. The 240V sockets in strange places in the AR600
8. The twin rear wheels on the AR600 that intially were a plus, changed to a minus when we realised that was two more to maintain.

Having said that, I do think the mini-garage on the AR600 is a great feature, as would a saving of £3k...

Sorry, but I can't comment on your leaking windows question, not had the 'van long enough, but I guess you mean the ones in the OC bed area ? If so, I had the same reservation, and was told by the dealer that he hadn't heard of leaks - but then he would, wouldn't he !! We just decided that life was to short to worry about things that might go wrong quite sometime in the future...

Hope this helps...

Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Sorry Stewie, just realised I didn't answer your storage question properly...

Whilst I had an old MH for a while some years back, we have been predominatley caravanners (sorry... Tuggers !!!). On emptying our caravan, we found that most of it wouldn't/didn't fit in the MH. However, on closer inspection, we decided that most of it was, in fact, rubbish that we never used. Basically, we had just filled the available cavernous spaces in the caravan with things that we "might" need...

The Carioca's only storage for the "camping" bits is under the lounge seats. They have long, if not very deep (but deep enough) outside access doors (as well as the internal ones). I was convinced they weren't very big when I first saw them, but one side on its own has swallowed my four full-size lounger-type chairs, leveller ramps, silver screens + other bits & bobs.... At the moment, I only have a bucket, watering can, mains leads & water hoses on the other side...

Inside, the overhead lockers take the storage strain, as there's only 1 drawer in the place, and that's for cutlery. The wardrobe is about the same size as the one in our caravan...

Cheers

Steve

Upvote 0
S

sarahs

Deleted User
We have a carioca 746 2008 from new we have 2 children a 14 year old girl and a 4 year old boy so needed separate beds for both.The carioca 746 is ideal,loads of bed space 3 doubles so children can be separated.We have found the van comfortable and warm.This is our first van and we all really enjoy the camping especially in the New Forest.We also like the idea of two dining areas,if the children want to play a game up front or watch tv they can without disturbing us or visvirsa.enjoy your new home as we do.

Upvote 0
M

Mussy

Deleted User
Ci 746

This is our first motorhome

Hi we picked up our ci 746 last monday and have spent the past week touring Wales,the Ci is excellent,we went for the option of a bigger seating/dining and make up bed area against a larger storage space this obviously reduces the storage space for the outside lockers.

With anything new its a case of getting used to all the controls,so have fun with model you opt for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back