May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Funsters,
Just a quick question, has any funster had any experience of using or needing to use the Fiat camper assist ( good or bad ), which comes free for the first 3 years with new Fiat's.
As we are travelling to France ( Brittany) next year for 3 weeks and normally get recovery through the RAC, so wondering how it compares as we needed to call the RAC the last time over there and found them very good / helpful also prompt and follow up was very good.
Thanks Terry FIDGET

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Hi, I called Fiat Camper assist when our windscreen wipers ceased to function, they contacted the RAC who sent a less than competent garage who miss diagnosed the fault as relating to the wiper control box fitted by Hymer to the Fiat loom. Fiat Camper Assist would not help even though this was a Fiat authorised modification. In the end, I investigated the fault and fixed it myself, it was a bad earth which should have been dealt with by Fiat. Fiat Camper assist are ok as long as its a problem with the base vehicle, I would not personally travel abroad with just FCA as breakdown cover on a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Just check first with Fiat Camper assist that your vehicle is registered with them. Our 12 month old van wasn't when we we bought it from a dealer :mad:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Just check first with Fiat Camper assist that your vehicle is registered with them. Our 12 month old van wasn't when we we bought it from a dealer :mad:

We had to send a copy of the v5 to Hymer who then registered it with Fiat to begin the warranty period, I think they have to do this as the base vehicle could be a year or two old by the time it is first registered.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We used camper assist within 10 days of brand new motorhome ( very long previous thread). Superb, efficient customer service on phone. 3 things to consider
  • Initially sent rac who couldn't access the engine properly (a class) so had to then get big load loader out to take 3.8 t away for inspection - therefore may be worth stressing if you do break down and it's an engine issue what type of van you are
  • Fiat are painfully slow at approving repairs under warranty - not the garage fault, it's fiat in Italy process. This would be the same whether you went through them or rac
  • Our motorhome did go to a fantastic garage, which was fiat approved and whose main work is massive great big hgv' so's we're used to handling a mere 3.8 tons

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back