Fiat Camper Assistance (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Fiat Camper Assistance.

We are just about to change our Ford Transit MH (which had excellent breakdown service). For a Fiat MH, I understand they have "Camper Assistance", but I can't find any details. I will contact Fiat later , but I would welcome anybody who has used Camper Assistance.

Colyboy

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Fiat Camper Assistance.

We are just about to change our Ford Transit MH (which had excellent breakdown service). For a Fiat MH, I understand they have "Camper Assistance", but I can't find any details. I will contact Fiat later , but I would welcome anybody who has used Camper Assistance.

Colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Fiat Camper Assistance.

Colyboy
Its basically the AA or their agents in Europe. But from memory my blurb says it does not cover things like misfuels or puncture Tyre changes. There should be a handbook with all this in. Vehicle is covered for 36 months from vehicles registered from 2013.
http://www.fiatprofessional.co.uk/uk/services/assistance/roadside-assistance

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
I used them a couple of times last winter when my batteries went flat on motorhome whilst it was in storage. It was the RAC that came out and they were very good. Just be aware that the telephone number you are given to ring does cost you and is a bit pricey (I had to use my mobile). But they do get someone to ring you back very quickly to take further details. Then the RAC mechanic rang me to say how long he would take to get to me. In both cases I had to wait about one and a half hours. I don't know if this is a bad response time as it was first tme I had ever had to do anything like this.

I now have a solar panel on van so hoping all will be good this winter.

Last edited:

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
London and Granada Altiplano
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
I've rung them three times in the last week sorting out a failed vehicle battery. The 00800 (not 0800) is free from landlines and appears to be a Europe-wide freephone number. Very friendly and helpful staff (Carole and Dawn), as were the customer service people whom I also spoke to at Swift (it's an Autocruise MH).

The Fiat Professional dealership nearest to me were talking about needing to keep the vehicle in overnight to test the battery so in the end I phoned Fiat Assist once more to call out breakdown cover. The RAC guy was there within 30 minutes, ran some tests with a gizmo and pronounced a failed cell in the battery. Armed with the report I was able to get the dealership to change the battery under warranty without having to wait more than a few minutes.

Overall I'm very impressed with both Swift and Fiat customer service (and the Fiat dealership).

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Does Mercedes run a similar system?, I thought you HAVE to take it to THEM at the nearest main commercial dealer, to get help. Does anybody know better?????

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just be aware that some motorhomes made in mainland Europe only come with a 2 year base vehicle warranty and 2 year Camper Assist, not 3 year as you normally get with UK produced ones.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My mate used then in Belgium when he had a faulty tyre valve, good service.
On thing to be aware of is if you live in the UK and breakdown in the UK they won't pay overnight accommodation but will pay for transport home. Accommodation covered everywhere else in Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back