fiat camper assistance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Marvic, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Marvic

Marvic Funster

Ratings:
    +550
    When in France, would you rely on FIAT CAMPER ASSISTANCE. Or get red pennant assistance. Van is only 1 month old and will be going in June for 2 months. (n)(n)(n)

2. Bill_OR

Bill_OR Funster

Ratings:
    +1,382
    Only had to call Fiat Camper Assistance once (and that was in the UK) and had no trouble at all - good service in fact!

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Steve devon

Steve devon Funster

Ratings:
    +235
    Fiat camper assist would not cover fire or theft, red pennant covers anything thing that makes your vehicle unusable, yes we have Red pennant cover, it's expensive but if ever it's needed it suddenly becomes cheap !

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. campa cola

campa cola

Ratings:
    +9,001
    I looked into this, they will do things like change a tyre for you as its backed by the AA (as I remember). Couldn't find out about things like a repatriation of vehicle and driver and passengers though. So I took out a Safeguard policy who cover all that kind of thing as standard.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. campa cola

campa cola

Ratings:
    +9,001
    I looked into this, they will do things like change a tyre for you as its backed by the AA (as I remember). Couldn't find out about things like a repatriation of vehicle and driver and passengers though. So I took out a Safeguard policy who cover all that kind of thing as standard.

6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +21,871
    AFAIK they won't repatriate etc, and if I recall there are limitations on what they will cover anyway - if it's not a vehicle malfunction (ie an accident) I don't think you'd have any recovery at all, we always have another separate cover policy (Safeguard).

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Funster

Ratings:
    +201
    May have changed - the latest information states that they will attend after an accident and also that they provide repatriation of the vehicle. http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/assistance/roadside-assistance

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. colyboy

colyboy Funster

Ratings:
    +949
    We used Fiat Assist once and it was OK.

colyboy

9. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Ratings:
    +1,841
    You could use Green flag ,I put my car on as well only cost me £7 extra lol

10. TinaL

TinaL Funster

Ratings:
    +266
    Copied this from The Fiat Roadside Assistance, re repatriation.
    How do you interpret it?, would you be happy that you and your moho would be recovered back to the UK? I think maybe i will get a price for Red Pennant to be on the safe side, but would not bother with Mayday cover if I was travelling in the UK

Repatriation of the unprepaired vehicle *

In the event of vehicle standstill abroad for more than 5 days, transport from the authorised service centre to the customer's place of residence (or to the service centre if it is in the same town as the customer's place of residence).