fiat camper assistance (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
When in France, would you rely on FIAT CAMPER ASSISTANCE. Or get red pennant assistance. Van is only 1 month old and will be going in June for 2 months. (n)(n)(n)

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Fiat camper assist would not cover fire or theft, red pennant covers anything thing that makes your vehicle unusable, yes we have Red pennant cover, it's expensive but if ever it's needed it suddenly becomes cheap !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I looked into this, they will do things like change a tyre for you as its backed by the AA (as I remember). Couldn't find out about things like a repatriation of vehicle and driver and passengers though. So I took out a Safeguard policy who cover all that kind of thing as standard.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I looked into this, they will do things like change a tyre for you as its backed by the AA (as I remember). Couldn't find out about things like a repatriation of vehicle and driver and passengers though. So I took out a Safeguard policy who cover all that kind of thing as standard.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
AFAIK they won't repatriate etc, and if I recall there are limitations on what they will cover anyway - if it's not a vehicle malfunction (ie an accident) I don't think you'd have any recovery at all, we always have another separate cover policy (Safeguard).

LuckyLuke

Free Member
Aug 16, 2017
France & UK
Funster No
MH
A - Class / Integral
AFAIK they won't repatriate etc, and if I recall there are limitations on what they will cover anyway - if it's not a vehicle malfunction (ie an accident) I don't think you'd have any recovery at all, we always have another separate cover policy (Safeguard).
May have changed - the latest information states that they will attend after an accident and also that they provide repatriation of the vehicle. http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/assistance/roadside-assistance

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
You could use Green flag ,I put my car on as well only cost me £7 extra lol

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Copied this from The Fiat Roadside Assistance, re repatriation.
How do you interpret it?, would you be happy that you and your moho would be recovered back to the UK? I think maybe i will get a price for Red Pennant to be on the safe side, but would not bother with Mayday cover if I was travelling in the UK

Repatriation of the unprepaired vehicle *

In the event of vehicle standstill abroad for more than 5 days, transport from the authorised service centre to the customer's place of residence (or to the service centre if it is in the same town as the customer's place of residence).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back