Fiat Breakdown cover registration change (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
For anyone trying to register for this service after obtaining a new (to them) MH the system had changed. I bought a 2016 Bessacarr 442 on 6th June 17 and tried to register it on the system before departing for Europe on the 11th. As I had not then got the V5 back from the DVLA I was asked to scn a copy when it arrived.

We returned on 12/7 and I discovered I had lost the email with the case reference number so called to be told that this was no longer the way to register/transfer the warranty. From July 1st you have to take the V5 to a Fiat dealers and get them to register the vehicle on the system.

This morning I went to Oldham Motors to get this done. They had no idea what I was on about and had no knowledge of the change which I patiently explained was a recent change and they probably had an email somewhere informing them of the change.

They obvioulsy were clueless about this but did have the 'knowledge' to attempt to charge me £25.00 to do this. I asked how, if they were unaware of this how they knew they needed to charge me £25.00?

They didn't have an answer for that either. so I left, called Fiat, and was told there is no charge to register.

That's Oldham motors off my list of dealers then.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Didn't know you had to register, I self import so they are not on the UK system unless I take the van in for repair, good job I've not broken down so far with last 3 vans.

OP
OP
On the road again
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Mine was a warranty transfer from the previous owner so maybe it only applies to transfers not initial reg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I can't remember the exact cost, but my first 3 month old Motorhome in 2009 was transferred in to my name. I think for around £15 admin fee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back