Fiat AC belt - the saga continues (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I posted at the end of June about the troubles I had with getting an air con belt for my 2008 2.3l Ducato. I ended up reporting that all was well and it had been fitted. However that was not the end of the matter.

I went away soon after it was fitted and every time I tried to use the aircon there was a terrible screeching. Especially bad on low revs. It certainly got everybody's attention when we drove through Skegness on a warm day! Obviously the belt had not been tensioned properly and was slipping whenever it came under load. Phoned garage and arranged to take it in when I was back home.

So just back from my visit to the garage. They were very apologetic. They say that the belt Fiat have listed in their parts catalogue and provided to them is slightly too long and they are unable to tighten it. They say their parts department are trying to sort this out now with Fiat and will phone me when they know.

If that really is the case I would suspect that some other people on this forum would have had the same problem. Anybody had the AC belt on a 2007+ (new shape) 2.3l Ducato replaced and if so did you have this problem or not please?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have exactly the oppisate trouble getting parts for my 2007 Peugeot it is old shape but all parts departments insist it is a new shape(n)

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have exactly the oppisate trouble getting parts for my 2007 Peugeot it is old shape but all parts departments insist it is a new shape(n)
Fiat dealer had mine down as a 3l engine when I first contacted them based upon my reg number. That was because they had the wrong VIN number for that Reg!!

Told them that my Registration Certificate gave a different VIN and 2.3l so they changed it. I am now wondering whether I do have the 3l and the Reg docs are wrong. :eek:

Does anybody have a parts guide with the blow up picture of the Air Con for the 2.3l and 3l please? I can then compare with what I have under the bonnet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back