Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A lot are quoting the onboard computer mileage and in my experience it's not that accurate as it over eggs the pudding, the only accurate way is to top the tank each time and divide the mileage by litres/gallons put in. Being a bit anal I use the App Fuelio which works it all out and keeps a record. I need to get out more, don't I?
I have an Excel spreadsheet which calculates it all for me - I just fill it & take a note of the mileage then top it up & take the mileage reading again, and also how much has been put in during that time, then I input the figures into my spreadsheet - this means I get an accurate mpg figure and also the cost if I put that info in too (along with a conversion for € to £). Having said that the on-board computer comes pretty close sometimes but not as accurate.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I find long term the on board display is probably more accurate than individual fills, I find the tank very difficult to fill as it tends to splutter and spurt out, so normally just fill to the first click, which depending on fill rates and how empty the tank was can be a couple of litres either way.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have an Excel spreadsheet which calculates it all for me - I just fill it & take a note of the mileage then top it up & take the mileage reading again, and also how much has been put in during that time, then I input the figures into my spreadsheet - this means I get an accurate mpg figure and also the cost if I put that info in too (along with a conversion for € to £). Having said that the on-board computer comes pretty close sometimes but not as accurate.
LOL, I used to do it on a spreadsheet on my tablet but find it easier with the Fulio app on my phone nowdays. Each to their own.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
LOL, I used to do it on a spreadsheet on my tablet but find it easier with the Fulio app on my phone nowdays. Each to their own.
I've been doing it for years on a spreadsheet, well before there were apps for it, but that doesn't mean I won't have a shuftie at the app, just not bothered as we've been nowhere for ages!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back