Fiat 290 front light bulb change (1 Viewer)

Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Hi all
Has anyone had cause to replace any front bulbs on Fiat 290 series. Hopefull going over to France for first time in MH early June. Will be carrying spare set but not sure if one should blow that I see how to change it.
Thanks in anticipation of any help.
Jimbo

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I think you still have to carry the spare lamp set, but I'm not too sure that you actually need to be able to change them yourself, as some modern vehicles require a couple of hours in a garage to do the job and modern Hid setups encounter some frighteningly high voltages that could be dangerous for the uninitiated.

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Thanks jockaneezer. Will have bulb set with me and hope not to have to be involved with trying to change one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Always glad to be of help, and here is a video from Fiat Professional on how to do it.

Easy, peasy

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Brilliant link 'pyro'. Much appreciated. I'm sure you'd appreciate doing something on a new and strange vehicle can be daunting and not wanting to damage anything especially being away from home.
Jim

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Thanks. Not being very mechanically competent, I had a hell of a time on day 3 of my ownership of my own M/H when I blew a fuse putting in the radio. It was an engine bay fuse, and I just couldn't get at the fusebox. Took me a bit of googling to find out that to do almost anything, you had to take out one of the headlight. That's what the funny screwdriver in the emergency kit was for. No mention of that in the manual, and yet it was dead easy

I'm still no expert, but I have seen how helpful people are here, and I have learned to ask first and not be ashamed of my ignorance. In return, I try to help out a bit with some of the legal issues that seem to crop up, in that way I can try to give something back

Good luck with the new van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Many thanks again 'pyro' We're really looking forward to our new ventures with the MH this year, both at home and in Europe.
Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back