Fiat 2013/14 models, Leak fault (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Fiat owners reasonably new,
Just took my 2014 2.3 m/h back to my local dealer for a couple of minor electrical faults under warrantee, ( which currently they cant fix or fiat cant supply any help) while there , the workshop foreman asked to look under the bonnet , we did and he pointed out that on 2013/14 models sometimes,there is a leak thru the skuttle panel on the passenger side at the bottom of the windscreen, this leek drips down on to the ECU unit which is immediately below , causing electrical faults sometime in the future . Having checked mine , new skuttle panel ordered which then has to be glue in to stop the leak.
Suggest owners check there's or get it checked at local dealer before it becomes expensive if it lasts past the warrantee.
Terry FIDGET

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Some things never change!

Didn't the designers learn from last time?:doh:

Thanks for sharing this, there will be lots of Fiat owners who will appreciate it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Some things never change!

Didn't the designers learn from last time?:doh:

!
There are still an awful lot of X250s that never received the under bonnet upgrade, quite often I see rusty injectors when valeting under the bonnet

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi Fiat owners reasonably new,
Just took my 2014 2.3 m/h back to my local dealer for a couple of minor electrical faults under warrantee, ( which currently they cant fix or fiat cant supply any help) while there , the workshop foreman asked to look under the bonnet , we did and he pointed out that on 2013/14 models sometimes,there is a leak thru the skuttle panel on the passenger side at the bottom of the windscreen, this leek drips down on to the ECU unit which is immediately below , causing electrical faults sometime in the future . Having checked mine , new skuttle panel ordered which then has to be glue in to stop the leak.
Suggest owners check there's or get it checked at local dealer before it becomes expensive if it lasts past the warrantee.
Terry FIDGET
Hi I've checked mine and looks like the same problem. Was this done under warranty? as my dealer has not heard of the problem and is checking with Fiat. No reply from them as yet

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi fragle, Yes gonna be done under warranty when they get the part, and hopefully sort out my other 2 problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back