Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi im looking at buying the windout awning for my MWB ducato high roof, firstly are they worth having or should i not bother ? secondly what size would i need for a MWB ? and lastly how do they fit, do i use the fitting that i use for my roof bars
regards landyman

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
On lwb transits I use to fit the omnistor 5000 3mt comes complete with all fixings
Google :Rose and co hull ltd they also sell lots camper related ,and a lot cheaper than most .,or there's eBay :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hi im looking at buying the windout awning for my MWB ducato high roof, firstly are they worth having or should i not bother ?
definitely worthwhile for the shade they give
secondly what size would i need for a MWB ?
about 3M
and lastly how do they fit, do i use the fitting that i use for my roof bars
regards landyman
you can buy vehicle specific brackets that fit to the van roof edge and the awning slots into these

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Absolutely worth having.
Later you can add wind blinds or a safari room (we had a safari room which we only used if we stayed longer than a week anywhere but sold it as not used enough and too heavy)
Maybe have one fitted at a MH show?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Conversely, I've only used mine twice in approx 5 years. Perhaps I like the sun too much.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
I took these piccies for another Funster showing how mine is mounted might help you ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We did not have one fitted when we ordered our new PVC, but that summer we had a hot spell and we missed it so we fitted 4m Prostor awning with fitting kit. Our Pilote F630 is a fiat XLWB. I measured from the front to back where I want the awning to cover and ordered the best length to fit.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We use ours all the time on holiday in Europe, it gives shade, and also protection from light rainfall so I can carry on with the BBQ :D

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We have one fitted but have hardly used it, however I still think it's worth having for when the sun is too hot and you need a bit of shade.

Not sure we'd of fitted it ourselves if it hadn't already been on the van when we bought it.

Also if you use a lot of aires then quite often you're not able to use it as the vans can be very close.

Denise

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had an Omnistor on our last van for the amount of times you could use it I can think of better tings to do with a thousand quid. The amount of times we would put it out and 10min later have wind it in due to winds.
Did not bother with one on the new van have not missed it even in the south of France. We too like the sun hate parking in the shade.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a 3.5 metre Fiamma F45 awning that was removed from the Miller at less than 12 months old.
I am sure I have the fitting kit to it too ( though they are readily available at about £25 as the kit is just a few bolts and a few metal plates
It was removed to be replaced with a 4 metre jobby.
Apart from dust ( it has been hanging in the garage roof for a while) it is perfect.
Looking for £375 for it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back