• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Fiamma side roof strups wanted (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Sorry Title should read Struts .I Bought Fiamma Sun room from a person/ member in Scotland had it sent by carrier to Suffolk , he said all parts there !! but I found side struts that grip Roll out Awning and sides missing , I know I have bought a Pig in a Poke.
Just wondered if anybody would have the Left and Right hand side Struts , the Awning sides have a beading at the top which feeds into the struts ., the Awning is quite old not worth new ones I did make some struts but they are unsatisfactory.
I now wish I had not sold my 1 year old pump up Awning but ,it was so heavy.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm not sure they used to come as standard ... if you mean the 'clips' I think they were optional and possibly still are, can you find an image of exactly what's missing so we can try to help.

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I'm not sure they used to come as standard ... if you mean the 'clips' I think they were optional and possibly still are, can you find an image of exactly what's missing so we can try to help.

No not that type these are 2 piece bar each side, the top part is a strip of Alloy that runs the length of the side, the side of the Roll out Awning lays between the 2 piece Bar and the top part /Alloy strip clamps the Roll out Awning by Thumb screws, you then thread the side of the Awning into a track on the side of the said bar .
Thanks for posting it may be a job to envisaged but, that's as clear as I can put it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ah, it is actually what I was thinking of ... I can probably tell you WHY you haven't got them ... they would cost a fortune to post as there are very few couriers who will take items that long without a mega charge, so if he did have them then he's chosen not to send them. (Yes I realise the below is a Caravanstore awning and not a wind out one but the clip system is similar to what you are talking about).

1574270835290.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Ah, it is actually what I was thinking of ... I can probably tell you WHY you haven't got them ... they would cost a fortune to post as there are very few couriers who will take items that long without a mega charge, so if he did have them then he's chosen not to send them. (Yes I realise the below is a Caravanstore awning and not a wind out one but the clip system is similar to what you are talking about).

View attachment 347260
Similar but not the same I think yours is newer, thanks

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
I don't know if this helps but i recently bough a windblocker set uo and no roof poles but in my garage i had an old set of awning side support poles which will do the job nicely.
I have just had a look on fleabay and these are still available in various lengths for about £20.
If you know the length you need then do a search on the following and you might find a reasonably priced alternative.
Good luck.
Chris
Kampa Caravan Awning Rear Upright Support Leg Poles Pair (2) Tent Shelter Rally
Or better still

Caravan Awning Upright Storm Support Poles (22mm C-Clip) Adjustable Height New

45 product ratings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Thanks everybody now got correct parts from Member, now got to find side roof strut fitting kit Fiamma dealers ,having problems identifying them as it's a F45i privacy / sun room , all they keep saying is F45TI or F45S etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back