Fiamma Privacy Room (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Complete virgin at this, but all going well except for new privacy room for Fiamma F45 i Plus. Front OK. Sides a bit odd. How does the 'clip on system' affix to the awning at the van end? It all seems loose & there is definitely nothing to clip-on to. Fiamma instructions are quite poor.:Sad:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Complete virgin at this, but all going well except for new privacy room for Fiamma F45 i Plus. Front OK. Sides a bit odd. How does the 'clip on system' affix to the awning at the van end? It all seems loose & there is definitely nothing to clip-on to. Fiamma instructions are quite poor.:Sad:

If it's the same as mine, there are 2 grey plastic blocks that slot into the canopy housing and then lock in with 2 screws.
The clip end frames sit on these blocks.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

They used to put a DVD in with the instructions,

Peter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
DVD supplied but unfortunately no close-ups of the important bits, so its really difficult to see exactly where the ends of the support struts slot in.:Smile:

Upvote 0

dragstar

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
HIGH TOP
Exp
:ROFLMAO::Eeek:If you have watched the dvd it will show you the 2 grey plastic clips, these are fitted into the main awning rail and should be centre to the awning sheet edges, the rail ie clip system then lays on this fitting and also fits on to the top of the awning leg when in place the round side should be outside and the flat side inside now is the time to wind back the awning until taut and then place the top screw sections in place.
I have to say the two fitting ends are complete rubbish in design but there you go.
I have a spare dvd if you should want it.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Dunno if this is any good ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRtRvxXglM]YouTube - Fiamma privacy room[/ame]

Upvote 0

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
a tip

I guy gave me a tip, which is to thread the sides onto the bar BEFORE you offer the bar up to the awning rail. I always assemble it myself without the aid of a ladder or stool (If you drop the legs to the minimum height until u fixed it) and always manage to get it fixed within about 10/15 minutes.....apart from the pegging out. I usually just stick in a few pegs at first if it's not too windy and and then stick in a few later at my leisure.
Barry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fiamma 45 i Plus

Thanks for all replies. It seems that the Privacy Room for the F45 i PLUS is a compromise. Basically it doesn't fit & has to be ' modified' to fit. - if fit is the right word. We have had to trim off an extra 1 cm or so to get the struts to clip in & we have to 'wrap-around' the sides around the poles. I will slide the sides on before slotting on the strut. It is all but impossible to do it any other way. :cry:

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
ahhh

Thanks for all replies. It seems that the Privacy Room for the F45 i PLUS is a compromise. Basically it doesn't fit & has to be ' modified' to fit. - if fit is the right word. We have had to trim off an extra 1 cm or so to get the struts to clip in & we have to 'wrap-around' the sides around the poles. I will slide the sides on before slotting on the strut. It is all but impossible to do it any other way. :cry:

In the same situation as yourselves, we bought a privacy room, with it came the F45i clip system, we have the Grey plastic brackets to fit in side the canopy housing but have to say looking at the video the ends on our clip system look nothing like the ends in the video, also the inside of our canopy housing is flat where the one in the video has a groved section running inside it.

Our canopy is the F45ti, chatted with a lovely helpful young lady at Johnscross, she put us onto Darren, so we sent a load of photos of what we had, unfortunately he is now up at the show in Birmingham so everything on hold until he gets back.

It`s raining her now and we are fed up with messing about with it all. :rain:

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Our canopy is the F45ti, chatted with a lovely helpful young lady at Johnscross, she put us onto Darren, so we sent a load of photos of what we had, unfortunately he is now up at the show in Birmingham so everything on hold until he gets back.
:rain:

Hi be warned if you don't get a reply it is because we have had problems for a couple of days with our emails and yours might not have got through.

There are a selection of videos here >> Link Removed

Peter

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
cheers

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the info, will resend the mail, we need to identify which ends we have on the clip system and which ends we really need.

Rob and chris.

Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
fiamma awning brackets

For owners of Fiamma awnings who are going to use a "Privacy room" yo will reqire these brackets, 2 off Part number, 98655-071 and two off 98655- 065.
They are required to secure both sides to the actual awning and they are available from, Agent Fiamma, Telephone ,0161-902-3023.
Aswe have changed van i ordered replacements today and was quoted £32.49 delivered for them.
Hope this helps . ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
these are the clips fitted , we have our room up now
B]

B]

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
what a palarver,

really couldnt be doing with all that work. :Sad:

if you want privacy get a hotel room with a balony.

What a load of ..................... palaver, completely detracts from the conception of portability, mobility. Would be a damn site quicker to get a pallet load of breeze block and build an extension. I think this is a good case for these windbreaker thingymajigs.

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I guy gave me a tip, which is to thread the sides onto the bar BEFORE you offer the bar up to the awning rail. I always assemble it myself without the aid of a ladder or stool (If you drop the legs to the minimum height until u fixed it) and always manage to get it fixed within about 10/15 minutes.....apart from the pegging out. I usually just stick in a few pegs at first if it's not too windy and and then stick in a few later at my leisure.
Barry

Yep. That's what we do.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Upvote 0

tomo

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
dublin
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
dvd

:ROFLMAO::Eeek:If you have watched the dvd it will show you the 2 grey plastic clips, these are fitted into the main awning rail and should be centre to the awning sheet edges, the rail ie clip system then lays on this fitting and also fits on to the top of the awning leg when in place the round side should be outside and the flat side inside now is the time to wind back the awning until taut and then place the top screw sections in place.
I have to say the two fitting ends are complete rubbish in design but there you go.
I have a spare dvd if you should want it.

hi dragstar have still got that dvd on how to put up the awning
i have the same problem thanks tomo

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back