LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
After many years tugging a caravan, we picked up our first motorhome on Wednesday, and I have a question is it normal for the Fiamma awning to rattle all the time you are driving? its only a 3,5 mtr version, I have fitted foam pads to try and stop the arms rattling inside the casing when shut, the red indicators say the awning is shut correctly, any thing else I can try?
Regards
Steve

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Ours is fine with no rattles.

That said its only a year old & covered about 2000 miles.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Ours doesn't rattle but it creaks and groans a bit when you wind it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Are you locking the legs in the same way as when in use using the two thumb wheels.
Place the leg in the front case then Lock the leg slightly longer with the knuckle joint sticking out then press in using the knuckle joint at the end.
The tension on the legs will then stop the rattle.

I could have sworn the red flag indicates not fully closed and changes to green when it is locked....could be wrong.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On the F45S they are different to the Ti version and don't have anything to tension legs against. I just do leg nut up and then it clips into plastic clips in front rail.

OP
OP
Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Are you locking the legs in the same way as when in use using the two thumb wheels.
Place the leg in the front case then Lock the leg slightly longer with the knuckle joint sticking out then press in using the knuckle joint at the end.
The tension on the legs will then stop the rattle.

I could have sworn the red flag indicates not fully closed and changes to green when it is locked....could be wrong.

Hi thanks for the info this seems to work, its a 45S model so only a red indicator that slides in when locked.
Cheers
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back