Fiamma expansion tank fault. (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I seem to have developed a very small water leak on my Fiamma expansion tank . It’s really more of a weep than a leak and I’ve tightened the bolts holding both halves together as much as I dare until I can be sure of getting a replacement unit quickly( I’m over in France at the moment) . I also think the water pump is a little noisier than usual when having a shower so maybe the two issues are linked .
Does anyone have any experience of these expansion tanks , do I need to check the air pressure inside maybe ? is a replacement the only option ?

Thanks in advance .Wyn
6D3D51F2-8232-4185-BF76-384825CBB49A.jpeg

Fat Albert

Free Member
Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
Hi, although I don't have one fitted to my van. You could release the air pressure, remove the unit and split disassemble it by removing the centre ring of screws. If the diaphragm is ok then reassemble but with diaphragm in a different position, if it will fit. If that fails to cure the problem, dissemble again and seal joint sparingly with sealant as a temp fix until you can replace. Sorry I can't be more helpful :smiley: . My reply is what I see as an engineering solution to a problem.
Good luck and enjoy your holls.:cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back