Fiamma drip stop (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Having spent all of Saturday getting rid of the dreaded black streaks on the sides of the motorhome I am looking at ways to stop them recurring. Fiamma sell what they call drip stop, which is basically a small preformed plastic gutter which stick along the side of the van to supposedly divert the water to the ends. They say it eliminates black streaks.

Any body got/tried these please? Do they work?

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
It works ok, not cheap for what it is. Bought mine from Johns Cross, at least I got a discount so it was a bit less expensive

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
It works ok, not cheap for what it is. Bought mine from Johns Cross, at least I got a discount so it was a bit less expensive
Thanks for that Trevor. Hope you and Barbara are OK. We live not far from Johns Cross so will go there to get it. Does it stop the streaks?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Hi Peter

Yes thank you we are both well, hope the same goes for yourself and Angela

The strip stops the water running down from behind the awning casing so it stops that happening but any rain that is driven against the side of the van still causes some streaking

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The strip stops the water running down from behind the awning casing so it stops that happening but any rain that is driven against the side of the van still causes some streaking
I am getting streaking on both sides. It is worse below the awning, but I can't fit the drip stop on that side because there is not enough gap between the awning and the roof to get it in. So on that side I will fit the Fiamma rain guard, which I hope will stop most of the problem. I was looking to use the drip stop on the other side. Having read the thread that Philip pointed me to I think I will leave it until the warmer weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back