FIAMMA door locks ~ which type (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Want to add a little security to the garage and habitation doors, the FIAMMA Security Safe Door Locks appear to be as good as any on the market?

There are two types, through the wall fixing and door frame fixing. The through the wall fixing looks the most secure/substantial to me but never having had them before looking for advice please.

Also noticed it's possible to buy these locks as a three pack with the same key for all locks, is a four pack available too?

Thank you

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I used this type of lock and you can have the same key for all of them,
Broken Link Removed

I used two for the garage that lock from the outside, the habitation door can be locked from both inside and outside and the passenger door only from the inside, substantial locks but easily fitted if you have a little DIY skills

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Looks very nicely made ivorandtony, what do they cost as a set or individually? Did you fit these yourself or have them fitted, but as you write they don't look too complicated.

Are they alloy or steel?

many thanks

edit: just found the price list. Did you buy in the UK or France?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I used this type of lock and you can have the same key for all of them,
Broken Link Removed

I used two for the garage that lock from the outside, the habitation door can be locked from both inside and outside and the passenger door only from the inside, substantial locks but easily fitted if you have a little DIY skills

I bought one of these a few years ago @€95 but never fitted it. The thing I liked about it was that you could also lock it from the inside.

:cooler:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Before you decide, make sure the lock will fit where you want it. The position of the fridge in our van precluded use of a through the wall fixing so I had to get a frame lock. I bought a contour gauge to make card template of the frame to check with. It showed that the Fiamma would not fit but the Milenco fitted perfectly.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Looks very nicely made ivorandtony, what do they cost as a set or individually? Did you fit these yourself or have them fitted, but as you write they don't look too complicated.

Are they alloy or steel?

many thanks

edit: just found the price list. Did you buy in the UK or France?
they are made of alloy but very substantial,
I also have a unit very close to the hab door but had no problem fitting the lock,

I ordered direct from France with a payment by transferwise, much cheaper than using your bank for a one off international transfer,
I decided on the locks I wanted and they supplied all with the same key,

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
That's a good point Graham, thanks I'll do that. Where did you get accurate dimensions of the various locks before you bought?

Thanks I&T. Will remember transferwise for the future and having a French holiday home allows us to have a French bank account so fairly straightforward.

Hope to get a solid week to work on our Hymer in around 3 weeks time, how long was the lead time from order to delivery, assuming they have to prepare the lock barrels for the number of locks with one key.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That's a good point Graham, thanks I'll do that. Where did you get accurate dimensions of the various locks before you bought?
We have two local spares places. The first one we went to had a Fiamma in stock and the second had a Milenco. I was able to offer up the template against the actual locks.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We have two local spares places. The first one we went to had a Fiamma in stock and the second had a Milenco. I was able to offer up the template against the actual locks.

Ah, lucky you. I'll find another way to get dimensions but thanks for the original idea to check available space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back