Fiamma cycle rack - how's that work then? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
I have a Fiamma cycle rack on the back of the van, which I've successfully used to carry 1 bike so far.

I'd like to put another bike in the second slot - how would one go about securing the second bike? I only have the one grabby bit - I was thinking just lashing the second bike to the other one with a combo of bike lock and bungees?

Picture attached.

Cheers

JAMIE.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 40

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have one that holds 4 bikes and find it better if we dont use the grabby thing on the firat bike. You can get a small piece that goes between the bike about 4 or 5 inch long so it secures the bike together have a look on the fiamma web site if not i thonk it would be fine if you secure the wheels then just secure the frames together and remember to put a padlock on.

Upvote 0

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
I have a Fiamma 3 bike rack fitted and has 3 grabby bits of various lengths for securing the bikes , you could have one missing and I presume Fiamma sell them as spares .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
You can get the arms as spares - there are at least 4 different lengths.

I had to buy new arms with the strap on the end to go around the larger diameter frames on our mountain bikes. I regularly put 2 asult & 2 half-size bikes on and it's a case of finding the right positions & the right places to put the arms. After you figure that out, its easy.

edit: Wot he said ^^^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back