Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
I have inherited a very long,telescopic crank handle,to go with a F65 awning. The trouble in that it is not telescopic enough. The only place that I can store it out of the way is to put it vertically, on a wooden panel at the rear. What is used to clip the pole on?I have seen pics of small brackets. What are they made of, how do they fasten on, and where can I get a couple? I have checked that the rear door will close with it positioned here. Thankyou

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I think they are normally supplied with a pair of suitable clips which are just plastic pipe clips and should be available at any good plumbers merchant or on fleebay.

Ours is stored in the same way, vertically, in the washroom.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Handle

Brackets are supplied with new but I bought some similar from B&Q. From memory they are somewhere in tool department as they are used to clip long handled tools against a wall. There are a few sizes so take the handle with you. Good hunting!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
As above, any good plumbers / dig store.
Our handle fits in the vertical cupboard used for the fold up table, although there are no clips in there for secure fastening.
Just be aware when positioning the handle, that the motorhomes main walls are usually made up of 3mm ply (interior) and insulation sandwich and therefore not an ideal anchor point to fit the pipe clips which only have one central screw hole. The side wall of a cupboard is usually 12 or 15mm lightweight ply, which should provide a stronger fixing point.
Regards, Lance

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My present MH is the only one I have had with a place to store it where it isn't on permanent view. It clips upright in the tall ski locker at the rear. Most have had it in clips near the hab door.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I screwed mine (and the Fiamma rafter) to the aluminium bed frame - tidy, secure and out of the way :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
These are the ones I think you need!

Broken Link Removed

I tried everything from plumbing clips to "Terry" spring tool clips but none held the winder handle properly. These do, and they don't rattle! However, my winder is Omnistor so check that the Fiamma is the same diameter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back