fiamma 360 backbox fitting..help please. (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
So today my son and I decided to fit a new backbox I had bought a while back onto my fiamma carrybike rack ...now this is the problem the bottom clamps and lower clamps fit well.. But how the hell do the top ones fit as they are nowhere near the rack .i.e. Too high.. I am certain I am not the only one to have an issue with this .so please tell me how you got it sorted .Roy

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
When i fit our 500 ultrabox I had to drill New holes in the box to mount to the fiama rack, workedcand fit well afterwards

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Before I go the suggested route of drilling new holes to fit box , does anyone know if there is an additional fitting kit.?? It seems ludicrous to me that fiamma produce this box stating it fits the cycle rack when it obviously is not designed for all of them just the tall racks .Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had to drill extra holes for the top mount, they also aren't in the same place as the holes I had to drill to mount it to the rack on the previous MH even though they were both Fiamma racks. Just stuck duct tape over the old holes, on the inside, to keep the muck and rain out.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Ridiculous that you have to do this in a"quality" product costing around £400 . However thanks for your reply. Roy

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Didn't that problem when fitting mine as the rails go up above the rear window but could you position the top hoop and fix to that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Didn't that problem when fitting mine as the rails go up above the rear window but could you position the top hoop and fix to that.
Thanks .tried to get top hoop in a suitable position but gave up and drilled the box . Seems to be secure ..at least it feels it .haha.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back