FFinding the right Insurance for a new motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Deska

Free Member
Sep 27, 2017
Funster No
Hi, I am a new motorhomer and new to motorhomefun and thought I would share my experience for any other newbies to the dark world of motorhome insurance.... 1. Do loads and loads of research, identify all the potential insurance brokers/dealers and who actually underwrites their insurance. 2. Identify what is a priority to you, eg, peace of mind, cost, etc - remember there is always a trade off. 3, Use the web and the phone to narrow down potential suppliers of insurance. Tabulate the results against item 2. Check your desired company against what others (in the various club forums) have experienced, service, cost, claims, reputation. Then take the plunge - it is, as others have stated... still a gamble. If you are still reading (great!) I went through this process over a few weeks and Comfort Insurance met all my requirements (although still not the least expensive - but also for what was insured - not the most expensive. They answered all my questions thoroughly, they were very helpful and they returned my calls when the dog started barking....
Well done Comfort Insurance! (You also receive a very welcome discount for being a member of motorhomefun!!)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3: All sounds good. We have used Comfort since getting our first van seven-a-half years ago. Thankfully not needed to make a claim, but they do seem to be pretty good.

Enjoy your MH. (y)

JaM

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Total Newbie
We have just felt the pain! Collect our 2015 Elddis on Friday & took and evening & the following afternoon to get sorted. Quotes ranged from £1300 down to £250 :( In the end, settled on Caravan Guard at £312 with European cover but need to get a tracker and alarm fitted within the first 28 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I expect you already know which is the best alarm system in the whole world,but just in case you don’t,it’s called Strikeback or Growler,or something. There’s a bloke on here wot does it.:D:D:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back