ferry (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Was on DFDS web site this afternoon and cannot believe the difference in cost re motorhome lengths !!
Normal charge is up to 7 metre's (£101) then it jumps to 10 metre's and it more than doubles in price £240) !!!
Called them to ask why they want to charge £139 pounds more got a cheeky ref on the phone telling me
sorry that rules are the rules !!
So they have lost the sale as although it costs a bit more I will be using Eurotunnel from now on !!
Has anyone else being caught out by this scam ???

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I agree with you it seems an unreasonable increase, but not a scam, just their choice, albeit a rather odd one

we love the tunnel, and even feel slightly sorry for the smaller motorhomes paying the same as us :)(y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I wasnt caught out by it. nor was i caught out by their cheeky efforts to raise the price after i had checked it by using their cookies and it raised by 50 nicker. I did ring up to complain that my mate was given a a different price at exactly the same time on a computer next to mine with the same details and i got told "Consumer choice" when i threatened to go with someone else.
Needless to say i said "Danish Vocabulary" and then a couple of choice words and am going with P and O which is somewhat similar to what i told them to go and do.

I suspect my motorhome has a black mark on DFDS

S*%$ happens

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back