Ferry route could open between Morocco & Canary Islands (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner
Exp
Since 1980
What we need is a ferry to Scandinavia again went a few years ago DFDS Immingham to Gotenburg in Sweden, it was a brilliant service but no longer exists

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Think I'll stick with the 4 hours door to door thanks, departing after breakfast arriving before lunch in the sunny Canary Islands. :cool: Pick up a hire car, stay as long as you like then 4 hours back. Compare this with the horrendous drive from North of Watford Gap to southern Morocco and back before you board your ferry has got to be approaching self harm. I have always found the drive back to be the worst part of the trip, I think you will be needing another holiday on your return.:devil: Always anticipate the worse part of the trip as well as the best.:coffee:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Think I'll stick with the 4 hours door to door thanks, departing after breakfast arriving before lunch in the sunny Canary Islands. :cool: Pick up a hire car, stay as long as you like then 4 hours back. Compare this with the horrendous drive from North of Watford Gap to southern Morocco and back before you board your ferry has got to be approaching self harm. I have always found the drive back to be the worst part of the trip, I think you will be needing another holiday on your return.:devil: Always anticipate the worse part of the trip as well as the best.:coffee:
My very first trip to the Canaries took four days, Southampton to Las Palmers, fantastic sea trip. Now that would be a great new service, a vehicle ferry from Southampton to the Canaries. Any takers??? (y)

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
When I saw the headline I thought some commercial company had identified a market for a service.

But it is only a government pipedream, so I shall forget it till it happens, and even then with a subsidy which is dropped after year one with the consequent sinking of the project.

As for developping southern Morrocco would it not be better to connect it with mainland Europe instead of outlying islands? Methinks some commercial gain for politicians is the driving motive.

Geoff

Last time they tried it

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I love the trip, freedom and spontontaity, all part of it for me and why I bought a motorhome.

I will fly if I have to but its really not the same. Trapped in a small space, no freedom to stop as I choose and especially now with the hassle of eating out all the time.

I tried a cruise and hated it - felt like a prisoner in an old folks home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I love the trip, freedom and spontontaity, all part of it for me and why I bought a motorhome.

I will fly if I have to but its really not the same. Trapped in a small space, no freedom to stop as I choose and especially now with the hassle of eating out all the time.

I tried a cruise and hated it - felt like a prisoner in an old folks home.
Each to their own jongood,(y) I still enjoy camping, we are having a few days away next week. Not sure where yet but probably within two hundred miles of home which covers some great camping destinations but will be respecting hands face and plenty of space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back