Ferry from Poole to cherbourg (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
we are off to France for the month of September and usually go via the tunnel but we are thinking of getting the ferry from Poole to Cherbourg . Anyone have any info on the journey and what it's like at the Cherbourg port.

Cheers

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We used Brittany Ferries Poole Cherbourg route with the motorhome a couple of years ago, okay journey, Cherbourg easy enough to get out of. Depending on where you are heading there is an easy non toll dual carriageway route to Nantes.
We have also used their fast cat service to Cherbourg from Portsmouth but I think that goes from Poole as well, very quick journey, no cabins, but then you don't need it on a quick service.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's a great ferry. Only 3 lanes at cherbourg so you can't go wrong. There's a great free sure not far on the coast if you need a stop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
We used it in May for our trip round France. Had the dog with us and she just stayed in the MH while we crossed. No problems at all, good crossing, good ferry and easy away at the other end

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Screenshot_20170702-213723.png

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Poole to Cherbourg great crossing stop on the dock night before or south lychett manor campsite is just up the road. Get off in Cherbourg and follow the traffic. If you come back that way and have time to spare, just up the road a good Musuem with nuclear submarine and a Aquarium and there's an aire there.

Deleted User
Condor Ferries are usually about half the price of Brittany Ferries :)

As far as I can see Condor Ferries do not offer a direct service t France, or any service to Cherbourg, only to St. Malo involving changing boats at Guernsey or Jersey.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
As far as I can see Condor Ferries do not offer a direct service t France, or any service to Cherbourg, only to St. Malo involving changing boats at Guernsey or Jersey.
We've done it many times. No big deal changing boats. Time for a wander into town :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back