Ferry from Hayling Island to Portsmouth? (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We are planning to go down to Hayling Island next weekend, and whilst there, thinking of going accross to Portsmouth on the passenger ferry for the day.
Has anyone done this? Just wondering if it's much of a walk from the ferry terminal to the centre of Portsmouth on the other side. Never been to Portsmouth before, so just interested in getting some info on Portsmouth etc
Any info much appreciated.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Nigel
Depends how fit you are I guess but yes that ferry is about as far from Portsmouth as you can get but still be in Portsmouth if you get my drift, actually you will be in Southsea I guess, it's about a three mile walk to Portsmouth from the ferry, I guess if you had bikes it would be easier(y)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Actually I was wrong, you will be in Eastney, you will have to walk through Southsea to get to Portsmouth (y) mind you if you have plenty of time and a nice day it will be a pleasant walk along the sea front ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
You could get the bus to Havant and then train to Portsmouth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Walked from Eastney into Portsmouth a number of times but it is a fair old trek. There is a bus but if the weather is nice then walking is the best way. Takes about an hour/hour and a half to walk to Gunwharf Quays from Premier Southsea Marina (Eastney).

Word of warning: Do not stick your head in the gap in the big doors at the hovercraft port to watch the hovercraft berth.
However; if you see other people do it, then stick around and watch what happens when the hovercraft rides up the beach!

D

DL42846

Deleted User
You could walk from the ferry to Bransbury Park which is still a fair walk. Then take the bus from Bransbury Park to Gun Wharf and Old Portsmouth. There used to be a bus service that ran from the ferry but not sure if it still runs. It was a very spasmodic service. You could always take a taxi. Its not that expensive. I was brought up in Portsmouth but left about 20 years ago, so lost touch with prices.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back