MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Received this from DFDS today
Thought someone might find it usefull
Cheers. Nige

CALLING ALL NIGHT OWLS!

Travelling in the small hours not only allows you to get a head start on your journey, you can get a great fare too!

If you are happy to travel through the night or in the early hours of the morning this summer, you can take advantage of these fantastic cross Channel fares for a vehicle and up to 4 people:

› from £25* for a small motorhome
› from £39* for a large motorhome
› from £39* for a car and small caravan
› from £49* for a car and large caravan

Bookings must be made before 31 July, for travel until 15 September 2013.

And if you do book any night crossings between 01:00-06:00 inclusive before 31st July 2013, we’ll enter you into our prize draw^ to win one of 100 meal vouchers worth £30 each for use in the onboard restaurant. To qualify for entry, simply book direct at dfdsseaways.co.uk

See you onboard soon,
DFDS Seaways

GET QUOTE / book now

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We've just returned from what was to have been eight weeks in France, having booked with DFDS and using the special code quoted on Funsters. Booked by end of February for travel on 4th May and returning 2nd July, the return fare was only £48 - excellent. First hitch was when driving licences, sent to DVLA for change of address, were not likely to arrive back in time, so we amended our dates to a week later for both journeys. Expecting to pay an amendment fee, we were pleasantly surprised when there was none. For various reasons, our return was to be earlier, and we turned up at Calais last Friday in time for 13.30 sailing, and again no extra amendment fee. Cannot speak too highly of DFDS. As for latest offer, I don't think we are quite ready to take advantage, unless there is a repeat offer of our latest trip.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I second that this year (tomorrow) going out Pompi -Le Havre £99 to save 400 miles tother side and back £39 we changed time leaving last year buy 4 hrs. no extra charges

Brittany Ferries £299 out Plymouth Roscoff ,if it doesn't break down

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
or even £19

DFDS 31st JULY Motorhome 2.35 x 7 metres

Dover to Calais

Price includes a vehicle and all passengers. All times shown are local.
DepartureEconomy
02:30 - Dover to Calais £19.00
05:15 - Dover to Calais £19.00

Already booked back in FEB at £39 each way for larger MH.
Today it would be £81 for 12:15 on 31st July

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
We've just returned from what was to have been eight weeks in France, having booked with DFDS and using the special code quoted on Funsters. Booked by end of February for travel on 4th May and returning 2nd July, the return fare was only £48 - excellent. First hitch was when driving licences, sent to DVLA for change of address, were not likely to arrive back in time, so we amended our dates to a week later for both journeys. Expecting to pay an amendment fee, we were pleasantly surprised when there was none. For various reasons, our return was to be earlier, and we turned up at Calais last Friday in time for 13.30 sailing, and again no extra amendment fee. Cannot speak too highly of DFDS. As for latest offer, I don't think we are quite ready to take advantage, unless there is a repeat offer of our latest trip.

Bet your glad you were not on the Tunnel. We had to return on Thursday morning, we were booked Sunday lunchtime. I paid £127.00 in January for a return ticket. The amendment cost 148 euros. Never got the customer service e.mail this time to see if I had enjoyed the experience. For some one who has been using the Tunnel three or four times a year for over twenty years I will give the ferries serious thought in future.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
+1 for DFDS. We were in Belgium on a Caravan Club crossing [£43 return if memory serves] in May, when we had to come back early due to family illness. Got on the DFDS website and found a rep on the 'live chat' facility [saving the 10p a minute phone call]. She initially said that as the booking was through the CC, could only be changed by them. Pointed out no-one there at weekend. Then said I'd have to turn up at port and pay any extra. I expressed disappointment at poor customer service. After a minute or two radio silence she came back to say booking had been amended at no charge.

I've also had to amend the booking made via their NEC show offer last year - again no charge at all. Would have no hesitation in recommending them over P & O for the short crossing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
DFDS

I'm afraid my experience was the exact opposite to those mentioned above. We were booked on the 11.00 on Friday last. As we made good time we got to Calais early (in time for 11.00 on last Thursday). DFDS office at Calais insisted on a booking change charge of €18.
I'll stick to P&O in future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back