Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Inspired by the adventures of Devon Bee Keeper in Spain the Deb'n Tinca's have booked the Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry departing on 14/12/14 with no return date a we really have no idea how long we will be away. We have friends at Castellon which we will visit early on so this means that we will probably be travelling in a roughly clockwise direction around the coast. We have no other agenda and plan to travel with no fixed idea of where we will spend the next night. The only concession to this will be Christmas itself where we would like to be on a site with some company to enjoy the seasons greetings with, so please feel free to offer suggestions. To say we are excited is an understatement; just the thought of the trip has taken 10 years off both of us

The Tinca's

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Congratulations Tincataylor, bon voyage and viva España !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't tell anyone else but this place would be my recommendation : http://www.campingbellavista.com/ing/index.asp

It's a small site but it has a bar which serves food and a spotless swimming pool though that might be a bit chilly in December.

If you can stay until February the local town has a pretty wild fiesta by all accounts.

There will be Brits there. 16 euros a night and no doubt reductions for longer stays. English spoken in reception and very friendly too. Only possible drawback is it is about a km from the town and shops but it is walkable or easily biked.

A number of sites we used on this trip are open all year but close over Christmas but I don't believe this one does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I shall look forward to an upcoming blog hopefully . Have a wonderful time. :)
PS I am jealous.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
You lucky things, have a wonderful time::bigsmile:

I'm not jealous, I'm very jealous:D:D:D

Please keep us updated, I have loved reading about DBK's travels too!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Good luck on your trip !
If you are right down south in January, February or March come give us a look at Zahora (y)

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Hi. We are heading down to Bella Vista to be there mid Dec to mid Feb. We leave on the ferry Portsmouth to Santander next week then heading down to Portugal before crossing into Spain.
Last year we were at Marjal Guadamar which is good but I have to admit that close to Christmas quite a few folk head home by air for a couple of weeks.
If I can help in any way just yell as we have been on quite a few Spanish sites over the last few years.

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for the input everybody. I am going to try and be as disciplined as Devon Bee Keeper and write reports as and when we have something to say so please feel free to chip in with helpful information once you know where we are.

The Tinca's

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for the input everybody. I am going to try and be as disciplined as Devon Bee Keeper and write reports as and when we have something to say so please feel free to chip in with helpful information once you know where we are.

The Tinca's
Please do, we will be home tomorrow, on the ferry now at Santander and withdrawal symptoms are beginning already. Following your trip will ease the pain. Travelling vicariously I think, though I'm not very religious.

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Don't tell anyone else but this place would be my recommendation : http://www.campingbellavista.com/ing/index.asp

It's a small site but it has a bar which serves food and a spotless swimming pool though that might be a bit chilly in December.

If you can stay until February the local town has a pretty wild fiesta by all accounts.

There will be Brits there. 16 euros a night and no doubt reductions for longer stays. English spoken in reception and very friendly too. Only possible drawback is it is about a km from the town and shops but it is walkable or easily biked.

A number of sites we used on this trip are open all year but close over Christmas but I don't believe this one does.

Hi we are on the site now we came last year for new year well pleased I would recommend it also

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As preparation for the trip the Gas-It 11Kg cylinder and all the bibs and bobs needed to fit it along with adaptors for France and Spain arrives tomorrow. Nothing like a bit of DIY to get a Tinca in the mood for foreign travel.

The Tinca's

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
For any of you who are considering changing to a re-fillable bottle(s) I can thoroughly recommend the people at Gas-It. One phone call and they put together all the kit I required from my description and had it all with the courier the same day, and it was delivered by 13:00 the next day. Not only that but the kit of parts was £140 cheaper than the same kit from Gas-Low. Anyone with basic DIY skills and the fitting instruction (available as a .pdf on line) should be able to install the whole thing in a couple of hours.

So we are no longer paying through the nose to Calor for our 6Kg cylinder but can now top up our new 11Kg cylinder as and when we please for a fraction of the cost.

The Tinca's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back