Ferry and Tunnel. (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
AFAICS most people get that 1% is one in a hundred.
Its a lot simpler than your justification

Hope you had a nice xmas btw. Jon
Hope you had a good Christmas too. I think we're hopfully heading towards the last lap on CV get those jabs in!!!

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But you cant get near Dover and Folkstone,,,Not sure about Portsmouth,,BUSBY.
We have a lorry booked on Portsmouth crossing Monday ,drivers need to get a covid test at port
Don't think crossings are open for non freight yet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Were booked on the tunnel 08:20 27/12/2020 to travel from France to the UK been stuck over in France so fingers crossed. Have self isolated for over 4 weeks had no contact with anyone, followed all the rules. In a motorhome so will not need any outside services except one stop for fuel. Gloves, masks, gel all at the ready. More worried for the lorry drivers who have been stuck
No problem coming back from France

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We have a lorry booked on Portsmouth crossing Monday ,drivers need to get a covid test at port
Don't think crossings are open for non freight yet?
They are taking passengers to Spain who are Spanish Nationals, Spanish Residents or those with NIE’s.

We have NIE’s we need to travel for legal reasons. But, have cancelled as we don’t want to risk getting stopped at the Valencian border

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We have just moved our BF booking from April to October.

I wonder if?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It surprised me that only 23 lorry drivers have tested positive out of over 2000, travelling not the culprit of spreading coronavirus it seems
But only ended up at 36 out of 15,000 0,23% or 240/100,000
23 in 2000 is still 1150 per 100,000 its not a really small number.
as above
yes they are low numbers and that is part of the fiddle on the numbers were given - its actually 1.15% but ONS et al display it at 1150/100,000 much more dramatic isnt it!
0,23%
You can see why they were worried
If many more cases are discovered and traced to the UK it does look like the variant originated here.
Yes & they worked in the Uk as did the one captured in Madrid havig given it to Mum ,Dad & sister all now isolated

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Were booked on the tunnel 08:20 27/12/2020 to travel from France to the UK been stuck over in France so fingers crossed. Have self isolated for over 4 weeks had no contact with anyone, followed all the rules. In a motorhome so will not need any outside services except one stop for fuel. Gloves, masks, gel all at the ready. More worried for the lorry drivers who have been stuck
Did you manage to get back safely Bessy765 ?
Phil

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Should have been on tonight’s sailing from Portsmouth to Caen, the van is staying fully packed ready for Mnr Macron to allow us to go. Maybe, just maybe after an announcement on the 6th January.......inshallah

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Should have been on tonight’s sailing from Portsmouth to Caen, the van is staying fully packed ready for Mnr Macron to allow us to go. Maybe, just maybe after an announcement on the 6th January.......inshallah
Would love to be that optimistic ! And would like to think it will happen but not holding my breath :-(

ministre de la Santé Olivier Véran au Journal du Dimanche, à l'occasion du lancement de la campagne de vaccination en France.

Olivier Veran, ministre de la Santé.
Olivier Veran, ministre de la Santé. © Maxppp - GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT / POOL
Ce dimanche, à l'occasion du lancement de la campagne de vaccination en France, le ministre de la Santé Olivier Véran affirme, au Journal du Dimanche, que l'instauration d'un troisième confinement n'est pas exclue si la situation épidémique "devait s'aggraver".

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Would love to be that optimistic ! And would like to think it will happen but not holding my breath :-(

ministre de la Santé Olivier Véran au Journal du Dimanche, à l'occasion du lancement de la campagne de vaccination en France.

Olivier Veran, ministre de la Santé.
Olivier Veran, ministre de la Santé. © Maxppp - GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT / POOL
Ce dimanche, à l'occasion du lancement de la campagne de vaccination en France, le ministre de la Santé Olivier Véran affirme, au Journal du Dimanche, que l'instauration d'un troisième confinement n'est pas exclue si la situation épidémique "devait s'aggraver".
Something to do with snails ?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I understood that, once the transition period has ended, we will be unable to travel to any Schengen/EU countries because of the Schengen/EU Covid rules. With the exception of residents of a short list of exempted countries, of which the UK is not one, only EU/Schengen residents are permitted to travel within the zone's borders.
It looks as though, if you haven't got into the EU by 31st Dec, you won't be going until the Covid rules have been lifted. :(
Hope I'm wrong.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I understood that, once the transition period has ended, we will be unable to travel to any Schengen/EU countries because of the Schengen/EU Covid rules. With the exception of residents of a short list of exempted countries, of which the UK is not one, only EU/Schengen residents are permitted to travel within the zone's borders.
It looks as though, if you haven't got into the EU by 31st Dec, you won't be going until the Covid rules have been lifted. :(
Hope I'm wrong.
Shengen and covid are completely different things. It country by country as far as the virus is concerned.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I thought it was a recommendation from the E.U. But upto individual countries to set the rules, I may be wrong .....

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think some countries at the moment might set stricter requirements than the EU but doubt if any will be more lenient when we have high levels and the new variant.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yeah like I said. Different things. This is EU guidance. Schengen is different. It's a common travel area. Similar, but not the same thing.
For France there are only a small number of TCN ( which the UK is on 1 January ) countries who can enter during the pandemic and given the virus numbers I doubt the UK will make the list but time will tell .

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
For France there are only a small number of TCN ( which the UK is on 1 January ) countries who can enter during the pandemic and given the virus numbers I doubt the UK will make the list but time will tell .
Frances figures are quite different to ours, a huge spike in October and now under control, I wonder if the curfew is what has worked for them. it makes a lot of sense to me that if there is nobody allowed on the streets at night then it is much easier to police.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back