Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Many Asian restaurants as Vietnam was a colony not India
There is a type of Chinese/Asian shop that sells cooked food but sold cold for take out only i.e. Like a takeaway only you cook or reheat at home. Not seen an actual Restaurant though. This is in Montendre. Probably a few in Bordeaux?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
They are all over especially buffets !
Look for Restaurants Asia à volonté . There is one in my nearest town and 4 in Brive . If you head south via Nonacourt there is even one in the middle of nowhere on that road . Always lots of parking but remember the French eat at 12 - 2 .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Look for Restaurants Asia à volonté . There is one in my nearest town and 4 in Brive . If you head south via Nonacourt there is even one in the middle of nowhere on that road . Always lots of parking but remember the French eat at 12 - 2 .

Think France is like the rest of the world ,,take-a-ways on every high st even in small villages..Had a kebab in a village this sept,,,it was rank..First take-a-way for 10 years and probably my last..BUSBY:xsmile:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Think France is like the rest of the world ,,take-a-ways on every high st even in small villages..Had a kebab in a village this sept,,,it was rank..First take-a-way for 10 years and probably my last..BUSBY:xsmile:
Must be if it was in France as we appear to be the worst of all the European countries

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Must be if it was in France as we appear to be the worst of all the European countries
It was actually but the last one i had in uk was crap also...Cant beat your own cooking,,BUSBY,,

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Screenshot_20201231-151314.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It was actually but the last one i had in uk was crap also...Cant beat your own cooking,,BUSBY,,
Own cooking ... for being crap or better than crap? :LOL:

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Own cooking ... for being crap or better than crap? :LOL:
A dammed site better than take_a_way, Better half is a decent cook,,,plenty of veg and salads and fish...BUSBY.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Just wish people would realise that France is 20 years behind the UK. We only have very few McDonalds, KFC's and other rubbish fast food outlets, they still have 2 hour lunch breaks, and the job will be done when its done. If you have had enough work for one day, you close, that's the ethos here which is why it is such a much nicer way of life. Family life matters.
I am sure, one day, when all this pandemic is over, other Nations will adopt the slower, more relaxed way of life.
Sorry to hear that your bar shut early Busby, that's just the way they work over here!

Just a on a lighter note, we have just gone back 40 yrs so that makes France 20 years ahead of us now. Oh my God what have we done, How are we going to live with the guilt !!!!!!!!!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Nearest one to me is in Cahors - last visited about 6 or 7 years ago just to keep the grandchildren happy. It doesn't matter where the McDs are, UK or France - the counter staff always speak three times faster than my brain can process🤨

IF the KFCs here are as good as the one in Andover, you wouldn't want to see one, believe me....😁
What fascinates me in most French ones is there are no pictures at the counter. throws me as I usually point to what I want. :giggle:
I havent been in a French Mcdonalds for a long time either because the only thing I like from there are the breakfasts. I couldnt believe it when they asked me how I wanted the burger cooking.
in 2014 my nephew asked for sausage with his .They looked at him like he was mad.
If you head south via Nonacourt there is even one in the middle of nowhere on that road . Always lots of parking but remember the French eat at 12 - 2 .
Thanks for explaining that. Always fascinate me the places in the middle of nowhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back