LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I’ve done a quick google search and a search on the forum. Does anyone know the name of a ferry company which takes a Motorhome to Corsica? Just doing it as a costing exercise at the moment.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I started thinking about Corsica after watching the Hairy Bikers ;) but got distracted. :LOL:
Looked a lovely Island to visit. (y) Bob.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We took a 36 foot RV from Nice to Bonafacio

Operated by Corse Ferries

Had to reverse on which was fun in the dark in the rain up quite a steep ramp

Great island though loved it

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I started thinking about Corsica after watching the Hairy Bikers ;) but got distracted. :LOL:
Looked a lovely Island to visit. (y) Bob.
That program was the thing that started me off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Corsica Ferries. We travelled from Nice to Bastia about 4 years ago. We booked when we arrived at Nice as we had not "made our minds up" because of the cost but in the end thought may as well go while we can afford it. Corsica is well worth a visit. It is a beautiful island both on the coast and inland. We were allowed to take our dog on the ferry and they do not have to stop in the motorhome. We took a 7.4m motorhome and from memory I believe the cost was in the region of £400 without a cabin.

bullseye

Free Member
Jan 22, 2018
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
12 year
Hi we went to Corsica by Corsica ferries from Nice to Bastia on the superfast ferry a bit pricey but much shorter journey. We really enjoyed Corsica then took ferry from Bonifacia to Sardinia, then a slow ferry to Italy Livorno then travelled home slowly all in all 12 weeks of fantastic scenery, food and fun especially the loading on and off the ferries. Sicily is another beautiful island we have been lucky enough to visit. Enjoy your travels.

OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi we went to Corsica by Corsica ferries from Nice to Bastia on the superfast ferry a bit pricey but much shorter journey. We really enjoyed Corsica then took ferry from Bonifacia to Sardinia, then a slow ferry to Italy Livorno then travelled home slowly all in all 12 weeks of fantastic scenery, food and fun especially the loading on and off the ferries. Sicily is another beautiful island we have been lucky enough to visit. Enjoy your travels.
We have a few years to go until we can take 12 weeks holiday ;) Your trip sounds wonderful.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Watched the Sardinia and Corsica episodes and was disappointed they didn't try some Casu Marzu (putrid cheese with live maggots in it)I'm sure Rik Sein would have tried it.
A friend of mine was on a walking holiday in Corsica, the group stopped at a local farmhouse and bought some cheese, bread and wine for lunch. My mate unwrapped the cheese and nearly threw up. He took it back to the farmer, who laughed and swapped it for some "normal" cheese, a Frenchman in their party took his back too and a massive argument, nearly leading to a punch up ensued, the gist of which was, as a French man, he should embrace the local traditions and get it eaten, the "Rosbiff" doesn't know any better !

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just done a Ghost booking for September/October.
7Mts Van (3Mts height)
Cabin both ways 2 persons
£360ish

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back