Ferries from Italy to Greece & visa versa May 2022 (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Has anybody managed to book camping on board ferries from Italy (Venice) to Greece ?? I am a bit confused as Minonan ferries don't seem to offer it anymore so you have to buy a cabin ticket? and Anek lines seemed to have gone completely AWOL with no booking possible for May or any other time :cautious: Any help appreciated!!

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Camping on deck may just be available in the summer, as I’ve been looking at a ferry from Genoa recently and that’s the case there. I’ve read that others have done it but on my two trips from Ancona to Igoumenitsa it wasn’t an option.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We used Anek camping on deck last summer, both Ancona-Patras and Patras-Venice.

We booked through ViaMare. Dale there is very good and totally on top of the Greek ferry market. He keeps a sharp eye out for when the bookings open for any period and I thoroughly recommend him.

Minoan do require you to sleep in a cabin with no access to the MH, but I understand that the cabin is included in their MH package.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Camping on deck is available 1st Apr to 31st Oct on Anek line and Superfast.

Minoan don't do camping on deck but offer a 'camping all inclusive' option all year where the camper is plugged into electrics on deck but you also get an inboard cabin included in the price.

<Broken link removed>

The online booking has always been a bit hit and miss and sometimes confusing, I would echo Geoff's advice and give Viamare a bell, they will get you a good price and know all the special offers that are available.

Pete

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We have now booked ferries to Greece (Bari to Igoumenitsa) and Crete (Piraeus to Heraklion). Our 3rd attempt to visit Greece and feeling very hopeful for 2022.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back