Ferries from Greece to Cyprus/Israel (1 Viewer)

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
There have been no direct car ferry links from mainland Greece to Cyprus/Israel for the last 10 years.

There is a petition at Link Removed to try and persuade the authorities to get the ferries running again.

Having the Greek ferry option to Cyprus saves 1250 miles on a trip from the UK.

Please support the petition.

Safe travelling.

Don

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I have also signed the petition to Don, as there would definately be a chance of us using it in the future.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ryland

Free Member
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Signed your petition Don, hope it goes forward.

Whats the current alternate route to get from mainland europe to cyprus, is the only option going through turkey? Or are there any routes going via other islands for example rhodes?

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
I believe it is possible to ship your vehicle as unaccompanied freight from Piraeus and fly out to Join it but as far as far as I'm aware the only alternate route with a vehicle is with Grimaldi freighter cruises and is expensive in both time and cash - cheapest for two people and camper from Bristol is €1624 and takes two to three weeks.

http://www.cruisecyprus.com/grimaldi_itineraries_and_prices.htm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Ryland & Chas,

There is a freight service from Piraeus (Athens) to Limassol, they will take a motorhome plus driver. There are some drawbacks, you could be stuck in a 4 berth cabin with 3 Bulgarian female truck drivers. :Blush::Blush: The cost is horrendous :cry::cry: The last time I checked it was about €1400 one way. More problems at Limassol if the customs there class your motorhome as freight it could work out very expensive.

The trip to Cyprus by Grimaldi cruise freighters can be cut to a week if you board at Salerno see Link Removed this would work out a lot cheaper and you would have a med cruise as well.

The cheapest way to Cyprus at present is overland via Turkey, then ferry from Tasucu in Turkey to Girne in northern Cyprus. This route is no good for pet owners as Turkey is not covered in the Pet Passport scheme. I've been in touch with a few people who have done the trip and it can be quiet stressful.

For more info see http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/view/736/30/

Safe travelling.

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back