Ferries: different number of passengers inbound/outbound? (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
After several ferry disasters, you now have to account for your passenger list on Ferries, the old system of just walk on and pay was one reason why no one actually knew the numbers in the past. Came in after the "Herald of Free Enterprise" losses. And has been tightened up since.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think that only applies to air travel.
Nope definitely needed now, we always have to give it for the Tunnel, have done for a few years.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For CMC, he would need to travel both ways with us but can’t as he lives in Dortmund. He’s just coming to live with us for a couple of months.
They can't make it 'compulsory' for him to travel ... if he was ill he wouldn't be able to and they wouldn't be able to negate your travel bookings so it would be interesting to know where this is 'law' as I suspect it's just them being 'picky' ... hopefully!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
But you don't have to give your passport number like you do for flights, just the name of the passengers.
You might want to change that comment Lenny ... :D

Broken Link Removed

upload_2019-5-17_19-24-57.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Broken Link Removed

View attachment 304269
They might but ferries never do.
The crossing I've just done in the last week was on the tunnel, only gave my name.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Broken Link Removed

View attachment 304269
Yes but the UK only requires that for people leaving the UK. If you are travelling from France to the UK they aren't interested.

"The UK government and UK Border Force only require passenger information of those people leaving the United Kingdom. If you are travelling from Calais to Folkestone, you will not have to provide API on this leg of your journey."

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes but the UK only requires that for people leaving the UK. If you are travelling from France to the UK they aren't interested.

"The UK government and UK Border Force only require passenger information of those people leaving the United Kingdom. If you are travelling from Calais to Folkestone, you will not have to provide API on this leg of your journey."

Broken Link Removed
Yes I know that ... but Lenny was saying it wasn't needed at all ... they may not need it in advance but they'll still need to know who's travelling.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We did the same as larger only the other way round; 4 out, 2 return. Daughter and her husband to find their own way back by train. They can only have a week. We're going for three weeks.

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
We have regularly travelled back from France with Brittany Ferries, my wife and I out, plus granddaughter on the way back. No problem with their booking process BUT don’t forget to get the lad’s parents written permission for him to travel with you.
We normally had it but Sod’s law the one year we didn’t, we were asked for it and warned to carry every time. I think because granddaughter was old enough to explain but young enough to be honest, so they let us through.

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We have regularly travelled back from France with Brittany Ferries, my wife and I out, plus granddaughter on the way back. No problem with their booking process BUT don’t forget to get the lad’s parents written permission for him to travel with you.
We normally had it but Sod’s law the one year we didn’t, we were asked for it and warned to carry every time. I think because granddaughter was old enough to explain but young enough to be honest, so they let us through.

Thanks, I think the problem is because we wanted to add him after booking and their systems seem incapable of dealing with that

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back