Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Nooooo not that sort of touch :winky:. So what have you done to make your van a home from home? So far have a couple of knitted hearts hanging from curtain pole in bedroom to add that feminine touch.

Next step a couple of photo frames with grandkids in.

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Dont tell anyone but my Jim is in touch with his feminine side :roflmto:

He has a framed photo of his kids and grandkids, a nice variety of scented candles, a selection of ornaments from home and gifts from friends, plus a very realistic (but fake!) snake of all things that he got from my stepmum :Doh: he sssssssssits perched at the top of the slide out to fright or delight all who spot him :Smile:... the snake that is, not Jim

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have a full size bust of myself glued on the dashboard.... right in front of me...

Just to remind me when driving...:Cool:

What a gorgeous handsome hunk I am.... :thumb:

:RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Do cushions count?

Oh gosh, I nearly forgot Teddy. He sits on the dashboard in his fur lined leather flying jacket, leather helmet and white silk scarf, looking out of the windscreen through his goggles so he can see where we are going and what's going on (if there's owt interesting we might miss when parked, he tells us to look, obviously) except when we draw the blinds, when he sits on the passenger seat as an early warning Guard Bear, ready to give anyone he doesn't like the look of, a fright. Although have to say, I think he sleeps sometimes.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
It is ages since I have been touched by a feminine. :cry:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
SWMBO collects frogs (not real ones) so we have a cuddly frog that lives on the bed when we are travelling, but hops onto the dash when we are parked up.

As for my "feminine" touch, I've put an air freshener in the wash/toilet room. ::bigsmile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Nooooo not that sort of touch :winky:. So what have you done to make your van a home from home? So far have a couple of knitted hearts hanging from curtain pole in bedroom to add that feminine touch.

Next step a [HI]couple of photo frames with grandkids in[/HI].

Wouldn't they be safer in seats with seat belts?:ROFLMAO:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Framed family photos on the wall. Red spotty bird hooks by sink for our coffee cups. A Ferby (Furbie, ferbie???) chats to us on the dashboard. Oh yes, and a postcard I couldn't bear to part with of a cow being transported down a canal in a rowing boat.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Some matching cushions appeared soon after getting the MH.

I always [STRIKE]throw[/STRIKE] place them to one side as they just get in the way. We already have pointless little triangular bits that go on the end of the seat and fall off anyway.

SO, what are cushions for?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A couple of Teddy's on the dash including Motorhome Fun Ted, Sheepskin Rugs on the 3 Captains seats of course cushions the roll type ones (but we keep clean sheets pillow cases and extra towels in them and you can't tell. all my kitchen bits and bobs.

Now if you want to see real girly you need to have a look in Movans (Joys) that's girly::bigsmile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
A few people have mentioned that ours looks homely, we suppose it must be the potted plant, cushions, photos in frames and the dream catchers hanging in on of the windows.

Nigel and Pamala

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Perhaps not surprisingly, we have bath ducks on the dashboard.... I was banned from putting my complete duck collection in the van for some reason :winky:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
To give my vans that homely, cosy and warm ambience I leave underpants, socks and empty beer cans lying about and I often have a load of washing up to do in the sink for that extrs special look. :thumb:

Obviously I have to forfeit these comforts when VIPs are visiting. :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I got the builders in. Ripped up the carpets the wood flooring
Looks just like home now. Thank pete for all your hard work :ROFLMAO:

Bet you all think I am joking :ROFLMAO:

I am not. He really has trashed my new to me Rv.
:cry::cry:

I hope he really can put it back together again :ROFLMAO:

Will be nice once it's done I hope. :Doh:

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)

I always [STRIKE]throw[/STRIKE] place them to one side as they just get in the way. We already have pointless little triangular bits that go on the end of the seat and fall off anyway.

Cushions??? I thought they were for propping you up in bed while you watch the tele!!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

Then some odd liquids appeared in washroom. Something called shower gel, deodorant, hand wash and a fluffy towel?
Waiting for one of those lavender stink bombs to appear soon or the ones that plug in the 3 pin socket.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As an ex biker I have just finished assembling these two who will take pride of place next to Funster Ted on the dash. Rock on Oma and Opa :thumb:.

Attachments

• Oma and Opah 002.jpg
    Oma and Opah 002.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Oma and Opah 001.jpg
    Oma and Opah 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I noticed whilst in France several people, (mainly the Germans), pulled up, got out the pic-nic table and promptly put a pot plant on it.
Fresh herbs?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As an ex biker QUOTE]

No such thing as an ex-biker.

You just don't have one at the moment, I think you mean.
It's always in the genes. :thumb:

Oh I still have one, its been in my mates garage for 20 years awaiting rebuild :Doh:. I should really make a start on that job. Load it on the trailer and take it to Spain this winter and sit in the sun doing it. Saves looking for a winter project when I get there.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Oh I still have one, its been in my mates garage for 20 years awaiting rebuild :Doh:. I should really make a start on that job. Load it on the trailer and take it to Spain this winter and sit in the sun doing it. Saves looking for a winter project when I get there.

I have one like that as well.
Triumph Tiger 800 for riding and enjoying and a Honda NS400R in the garage awaiting some TLC. ::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have one like that as well.
Triumph Tiger 800 for riding and enjoying and a Honda NS400R in the garage awaiting some TLC. ::bigsmile:

I built it in the winter of 1969 with the help of my father and his mate, from a 1959 featherbed frame and Bonneville engine from a write off. I rode it regularly until it came to grief in Muckamore in 1989. I kept meaning to rebuild it but life always got in the way and then one of my sons had a tragic accident on a bike and I lost all interest in them. Its a pity to just leave it there and I think its time now to do something about it. I dont think I could part with it as both my father and his mate that helped build it have both departed now and it always brings back memories of the great times we had together not only building that bike, but all the other crazy stuff we did together.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
I built it in the winter of 1969 with the help of my father and his mate, from a 1959 featherbed frame and Bonneville engine from a write off. I rode it regularly until it came to grief in Muckamore in 1989. I kept meaning to rebuild it but life always got in the way and then one of my sons had a tragic accident on a bike and I lost all interest in them. Its a pity to just leave it there and I think its time now to do something about it. I dont think I could part with it as both my father and his mate that helped build it have both departed now and it always brings back memories of the great times we had together not only building that bike, but all the other crazy stuff we did together.

I think it needs rebuilding as a tribute to your family and your dads mate. :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
To get back to the original question..........I would miss the company of Pebbles, the wonder dog ! A feminine wee Westy !!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back