Fellow girl drivers (2 Viewers)

Lisaold

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Renault Knaus Sun ti
Exp
We collected our motorhome a month ago. I always thought that I may like to try driving it but due to the other half having a few pints, ended up driving it back home in the dark and have not looked back. Husband has not had a look in and I just love driving it. On our short travels so far I have seen lots of motorhomes but not any lady drivers. Where are you all?

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I think you'll find there are quite a few on here. (y)
I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Shell drives................

Me to despair when she's at the controls!

No, not really! She drives well and loves the break from having to pass me the Pringles!!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My wife drove ours, I would have been happier if I had had a few beers. She did say she wanted RHD auto and I bought LHD manual though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
You ought to team up with my Mrs. She finds driving the Van relaxing.I do most of the navigation, and drive when she gets tired. I don't mind it at all.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We collected ours 2 weeks ago - had last week in the New Forest - shared the driving. I love it(y)

OP
OP
Lisaold

Lisaold

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Renault Knaus Sun ti
Exp
I love the driving and Dave is happy perusing the map or having a snooze.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi Lisa (great name) (y)
I do most of the driving in all our vehicles but, for some reason, Julian has done most of the driving in the motorhome (only had it about a month ourselves). He likes driving it. The novelty will soon wear off and I will be back in the driving seat, but I'm almost enjoying being a passenger ;)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
My wife does ALL the driving because my eyesight is not good enough to drive.
She's driven it all over Europe and Morocco.

image.jpg

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I drive ours! I even go away with my girlie mates in mine. However I did used to many many years ago drive trucks in the army so have had some practice! Love driving it, easier than a car in my opinion.:roflmto:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
I must get Josie to have a go, she drives the car well but unless I break a leg or something she won't attempt the van.

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Rachel used to drive the old one, but due to restrictions she can't drive 5tonne ( only passed her test 9 years ago )
Anyone know of any reasonably priced courses where she could pass test.
I'm fed up of her drinking all my beer

OP
OP
Lisaold

Lisaold

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Renault Knaus Sun ti
Exp
It's much better than car driving. You can see so much more because of the height. It's more comfortable. I thought the manoeuvring would be tricky but that's not as bad as I thought.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I've always towed the horses in a trailer or driven horseboxes/Lorries, so the motorhome is a breeze....

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Mrs mikebeaches is happy to drive our van; and I'm very happy that she does. We generally share the role, but I do enjoy being a passenger, studying the maps and just chilling.

Handy to have two drivers when a long way from home; no need to stress too much if one of us were to be unfit to drive for some reason.

Mike

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I drive ours, but that's because it's my baby and the other half is not to be trusted with it!

Unfortunately he is useless at navigation so I end up having to do that too. He is getting a bit better on the co pilot side of things - ie at junctions and when overtaking abroad (ours is rhd).

I occasionally let him drive but I'm a very uncomfortable passenger and would rather be in the driving seat.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I drive ours, but that's because it's my baby and the other half is not to be trusted with it!

Unfortunately he is useless at navigation so I end up having to do that too. He is getting a bit better on the co pilot side of things - ie at junctions and when overtaking abroad (ours is rhd).

I occasionally let him drive but I'm a very uncomfortable passenger and would rather be in the driving seat.
I could have said that (y) just change the genders

chrisgog

Free Member
Dec 24, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
I drive ours whenever but I always do the reversing and difficult manouveres as my husband just cannot reverse! He claims to be dyslexic going backwards ha ha. On the continent he drives because he can't navigate either!!! I usually study all the sites and where we are heading and do all the mapreading then. He hasn't the patience to keep the maps and guidebooks out.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have started to let the missus drive our one, I usually try to fall asleep as there is no brake on the passenger side and I'm so much calmer when my eyes are shut.:oops2:

OP
OP
Lisaold

Lisaold

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Renault Knaus Sun ti
Exp
I drive ours whenever but I always do the reversing and difficult manouveres as my husband just cannot reverse! He claims to be dyslexic going backwards ha ha. On the continent he drives because he can't navigate either!!! I usually study all the sites and where we are heading and do all the mapreading then. He hasn't the patience to keep the maps and guidebooks out.
That's true multi tasking! I do tend to do the holiday planning as well as drive but can't cope with the map as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back