Feeling bad I didn’t wave back ... (1 Viewer)

Nov 20, 2016
wirral
Funster No
MH
talbot autoquest 320
Exp
first year
'93 Autoquest320 I wave if you are around the same age, I don't tend to wave at 'posh new vans' unless they wave first!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Waving is the co-pilots job.

Lots of confused delivery van drivers on our trips...........................................! ::bigsmile:

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
Come on grumpy's, we are new to all of this MH stuff but we feel very welcomed by all the waving, makes us feel good and accepted, apart from the ones we miss of course!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
when to Bridlington on friday and just got back, must have waved to at least 100 moho's on both journeys, its nice but not essential, just nice (y)

and tbh the weather has been lovely, a short shower yesterday aft, lasted about 10 mins then lovely sunshine, how they get the weather forcast that wrong is beyond me :unsure:

Apr 10, 2018
Gt Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500
Exp
10 yrs
I wave at everything, buses police vans cado, tesco delivery vans and quite oftn manage to catch a few PVCs was following John todya near Knresborough he was in coachbuilt I was behind in my doblo, he got a few nice waves but everyone ignored me :cry:
Never at the police as they might think you need help or even worse taking the p..ss. 😊

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Never at the police as they might think you need help or even worse taking the p..ss. 😊
It was the vn taking naughty people away, got a lovely big smile, no wave though.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It is one of the lower marques in the Niesmann&Bischof stable. ;)

Gosh not sure where big tents, houses for horses and what possibly could either prescription drugs, or a social desease................have got to do with waving. :unsure:

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Just got my 16th motorhome in 20 years, waving is a funny thing. about 1 in ten waved when i was in a old pvc
and when i had my 8.5meter aclass tag only big motorhomes waved, even if i waved to old kon tiki or bedford cfs no waving back. I do not care if you have a rv or a bedford bambi i will wave.:france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france:

Last edited:

Wiener-dogs201

Free Member
Nov 12, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
We wave at other MH and my wife waves at tuggers, but we are new to this having been shielding from this virus business, and have only just started going out. What I have noticed is that half of the other drivers/passengers are too busy to notice other road users (possibly dreaming of where they are going or have been) and if I ever wave at a woman in nice shiny black PVC I get a slap and words like divorce are used. I swear that if the lady had been in leather I would have had a black eye.

Sep 27, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 630mlt
Exp
Since September 2017
Going up North and doing the usual wave to everybody when one waved a giant hand in the windscreen! Chuckling the rest of the journey! Braw!😂

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
What great forum this is, I have been saved at several times so started doing the same, sadly often receiving a disdainfully stare from those in command of a superior vehicle to my humble but much loved Berlingo Romahome, said vehicle sadly has Romahome plastered on the front perhaps they think I am an illegal "traveller" from that part of the world!

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
What great forum this is, I have been saved at several times so started doing the same, sadly often receiving a disdainfully stare from those in command of a superior vehicle to my humble but much loved Berlingo Romahome, said vehicle sadly has Romahome plastered on the front perhaps they think I am an illegal "traveller" from that part of the world!
I apologise for spelling errors,bloody Google spell checker thinks it knows better, I should of course had previewed my post!!

RobL

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Minchinhampton
Funster No
MH
American rv purchasing.
Exp
Since 2008
Had a French van coming towards me both driver and passenger raised both hands and waved like loonies. Bet they wouldn't speak to me if they were next to me on an Aire.
The driver raised his hands?? Yep definitely French 😂

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
When I'm in my truck I wave at ALL white lorries..... but when they are parked in the truck stop none of them even acknowledge me.....

does that sound slightly ridiculous and also familiar?

Driving without due care and attention springs to mind :reel::Eeek:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
When I'm in my truck I wave at ALL white lorries..... but when they are parked in the truck stop none of them even acknowledge me.....

does that sound slightly ridiculous and also familiar?

Driving without due care and attention springs to mind :reel::Eeek:
They might just be scared of the weirdo in the white truck who is trying to ingratiate himself to them and the nick their loads :imoutahere:

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We took Zebedee..yep named our van..out last weekend for a good 1 hour run..felt funny all stripped inside, but nice to be out. Saw another motorhome, waved...no wave back :X3: .. But glad to be on the road, all back in storage now.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Is it true that waving of a hand changes as you go further north? I often get the finger, not that kind of finger, the little index finger wave from the steering wheel. On one recent trip above the central belt I noticed that you get a raised eyebrow wave more often than not. Honest.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Picked the MH up from storage last week and within 5 mins another MH came the other way - waved and the driver appeared to jump startled into a wave.
I think we are in danger of forgetting how to wave being confined to base by this plague!
"I'm a FUNSTER let me out of heeeerrrr"

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back