Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Just discovered a small chip and crack in the windscreen of my less than 5 month old Knaus A class MoHo...

The glass has a small Chip with about 1/4" (4mm in new money) crack that currently looks like its not gone all way through...

It's about 6" (150mm in new money) from the drivers edge (RHD) of the screeen and half way down...

I've just called Autoglass who have arranged to come and look at it with a view to repairing next Wednesday...

However, during the conversation ... They stipulate that trying to reapir it may cause it to fail altogether.... And then it would need replacing.. which cannot be done 'on site'... Also went on to mention costs for replacement... :( :(

Anyone with an A class got any good news stories? :worried:

Ps... I'm insured with AIS...

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Same thing happened to our A Class windscreen when driving in Portugal (we had owned the van for a matter of weeks). When we arrived back in UK we called Autoglass out who gave us exactly the same disclaimers. They fixed the crack and you can't even see it now. Very good professional service. Don't panic!! (yet).

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will probably be fine, but if your glass is covered by insurers (it should be)it might be worth asking them what's the best course of action. I had a repair done on my Hymer A class and the insurance company paid for the repair, no problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
An Autoglass guy did what he could for my works van windscreen which included drilling a tiny hole right at the end of the crack to stop it getting longer, lasted the two years I had the van after that so worth an ask. I realise every crack is different but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If its not in your main field of vision it will be fine. some repairs you can see some you cannot. A class windscreens a bit of a concern.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back