Feel as though I have been robbed. (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have a place in Granada and I think its the same price for a bottle of gas as you pay. I don't understand why it is so much dearer in the UK with Calor as in Spain. They both use bottle swapping so they have the same checks and tests to the bottles but the UK is 3 times the price. The amount of people in Spain who use bottled gas may be a reason; our entire village uses bottled gas apart from a few places that have bulk storage tanks. But even so 3 times the price seems steep for the same product. And you don't pay anywhere near the deposit that Calor charge for the initial bottle purchase.

The only places I found so far that would be a problem refilling the Safefills is UK Shell service stations. In the UK we tend to top up in Morrisons where possible but I saw a sign on a Shell station saying refillable bottles of any type were not accepted.
Hi,

Our 35kg bottles used for central heating are more expensive in Spain. But still nowhere near as expensive as calor. I understand bulk delivered to homes is dearer still in Spain.

Our bottles were free in Spain from Cespa agents ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back