LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Are you getting fed up of me posting the links to eBay scammers ? Or should I carry on alerting people ? Most funsters must be wise to them now :thumb: thinking more of newbies :winky:
Terry

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Not fed at all! I've just waffled at length on the other thread about the scams - yes, it is the newbies, not just on here, who need to be warned.
Trouble is, the most often scammed are the sweet innocents who don't even know of the existence of MH forums...
Even if a warning was put in the national media there would still be people taken in.

:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
As i have said before I think youdo a grand job.

If you only stop one Funster geting riped off its worth it.

The more people know about these scams the beter.

We have had this problem over here often with the car in the UK{same scam}

Keep up the good work.

Mel:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Keep it up I think its great:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It is all alien to me as I have never brought or sold anything on Ebay but interesting to read, yes terry keep it up:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
To be perfectly honest Terry, your posts may well be of help to someone looking who had not noticed it was a scam, or not being used to spotting them, and was ready to go through with a sale.

Weather they are members or not on this forum, you are doing a good service by highlighting the situation, and having many taken down. It may feel pretty thankless task as many will never get to know who you are or thank you. But it will be appreciated - even if many prospective buyers and newbies will be thanking god instead of you!

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks for all the replies :thumb: I was concerned that I was getting on people's wick :winky:
I will carry on posting what I find and if it upsets anyone they can always not read the thread ::bigsmile:As has already been said IF it saves one from being scammed it's OK by me :winky:the scammers may not like it but hopefully they will get fed up and find other things to scam us on ::bigsmile:
Terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for all the replies :thumb: I was concerned that I was getting on people's wick :winky:
I will carry on posting what I find and if it upsets anyone they can always not read the thread ::bigsmile:As has already been said IF it saves one from being scammed it's OK by me :winky:the scammers may not like it but hopefully they will get fed up and find other things to scam us on ::bigsmile:
Terry

Keep on posting Terry .. :thumb:

just an idea.. you could put a link How to Spot a Scam in your signature ..

Take your pick..

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Terry,

Keep it up, your efforts are appreciated and the postings keep people mindful of this type of activity. It must work for the scammers or they wouldn't bother with it. Keep them peeled as Shaw Taylor used to say!!

Cheers

Richard

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well done TERRY KEEP IT UP. BUSBY.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Brian did you see Pauls post with eBay reply this morning :thumb::Eeek: sorry I am on tab again so cannot do a link yet
Terry

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Keep em coming.

I sometimes like to wind them up and pretend to be interested.
::bigsmile:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
It's quite clear on the Ebay side: deal through Ebay, not through emails ... :whatthe:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I'd say make it sticky...

I'm a pretty savvy interweb user. My company sells near £1m online per year and we employ ten people. I buy stuff via ebay for my own use and have a few saved searches for bits if MH kit I would like to pick up for less than the original price.

I HAD NO IDEA! :Eeek: Talk about a revelation!

So a "sticky" what to look for would be of use to me. Telling users how te scam works (I'm assuming you call,they take a deposit r similar?)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
keep it up we need all the eyes and ears we can to make sure none of us get scammed well done :thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Keep it up! I would never have time to hunt them out .
It`s a education of how they advertise and word it.
When i search now for items i will have these scams in the back of my mind :thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks once again:thumb: glad I am not getting on peoples wicks ::bigsmile:except maybe the scammers. I only found a couple yesterday so they may be getting fed up and leave us alone:thumb:
Back on page 2 Jim (Scotjimland) gives 3 links on how not to get caught- I like the 3rd :winky: but don't know how to tag it :Doh: When I get on big computer I will experiment :winky:Tablets are great for surfing but it's a bit more time consuming to C&P and type ::bigsmile:

How the scam works?
1.price too good to be true? Alert! It probably is but don't miss a bargain :ROFLMAO:
2.no feedback but somtimes they hijack accounts so read feedback
3.they ask you to contact them via e-mail or phone- never use none eBay contact
4.You cannot view because I work away etc, but we can deal either directly or better for you via eBay-I send you a link to pay money,you pay money to ebay holding account, who hold money until van is delivered, you are happy then tell eBay holding money to release money :Eeek::Sad: too late the link is false/spoof so they already have money's
5. Yourmoney has gone :Eeek::Doh::cry:

Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back