MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Not really impressed, to be honest a little disappointed. I assumed from All The Aires that it would alongside a marina/quayside. It's more like a run down commercial fishing port. It also has barriers that are open at the moment, if it's a pay per stay Aire it's one I won't be using, even if it's free !

It's ok as a park up and empty your toilet cassette if needed, but that's about it in my opinion.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not really impressed, to be honest a little disappointed. I assumed from All The Aires that it would alongside a marina/quayside. It's more like a run down commercial fishing port. It also has barriers that are open at the moment, if it's a pay per stay Aire it's one I won't be using, even if it's free !

It's ok as a park up and empty your toilet cassette if needed, but that's about it in my opinion.
Well we liked it when we stopped there, and it was free and there are even toilets on site, easy walk up to the nice town square, and a round walk back along the port, they were selling fish direct off the boats when we were there.
A very pleasant surprise for us as we didn't know what to expect as we hadn't planned on going there.
It all comes down to what you like I suppose.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Years ago you used to be able to park infront of the marina (next to the tourist information office). I believe that has been stopped now. Fe Camp has a lot of history re British wireless and the Benedictine factory is worth a visit.

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
We gave Fecamp Aire a miss and went on to Etretat (no harbour but some big chalk stacks) and Honfleur after that.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Enjoyed Fecamp years ago when you could park on the quay side looking at the boats !

It's been the same for a good few years now but the town and harbour walk still make it a worthwhile visit.
Me too, and none of it looked at all run down.

CIMG0011.JPG

CIMG0019.JPG

CIMG0008.JPG

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
If you fancy something a little more rural there's an aire at Saint Leonard on the D940 about 2 Km south. ( No services though, I think. Not stayed there)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
That spot looks very nice but I think all motorhome parking has been moved across the road now ----- and its a bit seedier

View attachment 731535
I saw the 'Camping car' sign for the aire over the road but it did look rather rough so I parked with others on the quay along the backs of the warehouses. I've not been back since but I gather from other posts in the thread that it's no longer allowed.
There was Belgian guy parked next to me who fishing over the quay wall caught half a bucket of eels. He said they were a great delicacy but fishing for them was banned in Belgium. He proceeded to cook them all and ate them with a rowdy Belgian couple (and a lot of beers). 'Twas a smelly afternoon and a long noisy night for me. :groan:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back