Fulltime Devon/Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
FT since 04/12
Had the first quote back.

Camping Albufeira, (Naff website)

Cost will be in the region of €10 a night for a couple in a van, electric an extra €2.5 if you need it.

The CC&C rally runs from Dec to end of March on this site and having been on the rally last year space could be tight because many CC&C members attend the rally. We left mid Jan and was still very busy with the after Xmas arrivals and lots stay till the end. Cheap prices and good site.

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
rally in portugal

I'm looking into holding a rally in Portugal for the whole of February 2014. This will be on a mainstream site. I've a couple of ideas but not approached anywhere yet because I need to have an idea of numbers. As this will have a bearing on the prices I can negotiate.

At this time of year the weather iis unpredictable, it can be absolutely stunning with high temperatures or decidedly Brighton, so a mainstream site with facilities and a decent town within walking distance will be a priority. This could of course be a pre-Malaga party:Smile:

So if you are interested in a gathering on a site in the Algarve for all or part of February, please let me know. ASAP.
Hope to be in Portugal in mid Feb so would be interested.

larrythelamb

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
high wycombe
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
six
Hi Jim

Please put us on the list, we hope to be down there third week in feb ::bigsmile:

larry and gill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sorry Jim

Change in Circumstances so Sheila & I will not be able to make it abroad.
This Year:cry:
Good Luck everyone

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Sorry Jim

Change in Circumstances so Sheila & I will not be able to make it abroad.
This Year:cry:
Good Luck everyone

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

Hello Roger,

You are number 30 on the La Bella Vista, Malaga list. Should I remove you from this list also? :winky:

Andrew :thumb:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Would love to join in with the Portugal meet. Look forward to more details . Is Camping Albeufera a definite or are you waiting for more quotes Jim?:Cool:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Rally in Portugal

We have never attended a rally before but it sounds like a good idea. Is this one to Portugal in Feb going ahead? If so, what are the details.
We are also new to forums so are still learning how it all works :Doh:
Cheers
John

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a couple of options at the moment. However I need to wait a while to see if I can actually be away in Feb as we have some family issues happening that might really mess with my plans. I'll keep you advised:thumb:

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
We would be interested in joining the proposer rally in Feb in Portugal. Presently we are in Valencia but hope to be going that direction in Feb. thanks Margaret & gerard

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We have a couple of options at the moment. However I need to wait a while to see if I can actually be away in Feb as we have some family issues happening that might really mess with my plans. I'll keep you advised:thumb:
Family comes first, however in that event someone else will I'm sure pick up the reins so why not just go ahead as planned.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Portugal rally

Where and When in Portugal are vans meeting up so we can try and plan to get there?::bigsmile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Where and When in Portugal are vans meeting up so we can try and plan to get there?::bigsmile:

This meet, I believe, was in jeopardy on account of Jim having other family commitments which clashed. No doubt he will be enlightening us all very shortly :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This meet, I believe, was in jeopardy on account of Jim having other family commitments which clashed. No doubt he will be enlightening us all very shortly :thumb:

That's true. However I was talking to JJ at the weekend and he might be getting something together. Should be able to let you know this week. :thumb:

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Camping Albufuiera

Will be leaving UK on Wednesday Portsmouth to Bilbao should be at camping Albufeira about 4 days later. I rang site and was told no need to book and the price was a lot less than price quoted by CC&C. Owner sent me price list and there is an additional 10% discount if you have a Camping club international card.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
You can come to Portimao from 3rd February to the casual meet that JJ is holding there, I believe for about a month - have a look at the thread he posted. We will be there on the 3rd and 4th February.

Nigel and Pamala

oldsooty

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We hope to be around Mid Feb. so hope to call in and see everyone. Do we need to book the dates or just turn up whenever.

Keith and Kath

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Believe it's a rolling meet, no need to book, just look out for the Funsters flags - have a look at this thread Broken Link Removed - you should get any info. on there that you might need.

Nigel and Pamala

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
You can come to Portimao from 3rd February to the casual meet that JJ is holding there, I believe for about a month - have a look at the thread he posted. We will be there on the 3rd and 4th February.

Nigel and Pamala

Can we have an address and/or coordinates for this site please.
We are leaving Newhaven on 6th and would like to meet up if poss.
Thanks
John:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Can we have an address and/or coordinates for this site please.
We are leaving Newhaven on 6th and would like to meet up if poss.
Thanks
John:thumb:

Have a look through this thread to see all you need.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back