FCO travel advice (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Does anyone subscribe to the FCO travel advice email for spain please? They issued an 'all but essential travel' notice today, but can you post the email somehow please? Its a long story...

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
As of 13 March 2020 for Spain:

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the following regions that the Spanish Ministry of Health have designated as areas of community transmission of coronavirus: Madrid and La Rioja, and the municipalities of La Bastida and Vitoria (both in the Basque Country) and Miranda de Ebro (in Castilla y León).

The Spanish government has suspended all incoming flights from Italy until March 25. The Spanish government has also asked people to avoid unnecessary travel and to consider remote working where possible.

Authorities in the most affected regions (Madrid, the Basque Country, La Rioja, Catalonia, and Castilla y León) are putting in place extraordinary measures such as the temporary closure of schools, public sports centres, theatres and day care centres for the elderly due to an increase in coronavirus cases. The affected regions are prohibiting gatherings which involve more than 1000 attendees. All educational centres, including nurseries, schools and universities will close for 15 days or until further notice. In other regions, individual schools are being closed where there are suspected cases of the virus. National museums in Madrid (Museo Nacional del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía and the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza) are closed until further notice. Some local festivals such as Las Fallas in Valencia and sporting events have been postponed. You should follow local authority websites for further information. See Health

People intending to travel to Spain should consult their airlines and tour operators. Further information about airports in Spain can be found here

The rules on travel to EU countries will stay the same until 31 December 2020. This page will be updated with country-specific information for travellers to Spain as things change. Sign up for email alerts and view the latest updates for UK nationals travelling to and living in Europe.

If you’re living in or moving to Spain, read the Living in Spain guide in addition to this travel advice.

Terrorists are likely to try to carry out attacks in Spain. See Terrorism

There have been large gatherings of people and demonstrations in some parts of Barcelona and other areas of the Catalonia region in relation to political developments there. Some demonstrations have become violent and may cause disruption to public transport, including access to airports. See Political situation

Some cities in Spain operate low emission schemes and apply vehicle restrictions to city centres. See Road travel

There have been several deaths as a result of falls from balconies. Don’t take any unnecessary risks, especially when under the influence of drink or drugs. See Falls from height

Be alert to the existence of street crime. Thieves tend to target money and passports so don’t keep them all in one place. Keep a copy of your passport somewhere safe. See Crime

Temperatures regularly reach over 40ºC in Spain during the summer months. These temperatures bring an increased risk of forest fires. See Forest fires

There have been reports of an increase in holidaymakers being encouraged to submit a claim for personal injury if they have experienced gastric illness during their stay. You can find more information about the action you can take if you have suffered a personal injury on the Citizens Advice website. You should only consider pursuing a complaint or claim if you have genuinely suffered from injury or illness. If you make a false or fraudulent claim, you may face legal proceedings in the UK or Spain.

You should take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel. For information on the European Health Insurance Card see Health

If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission.

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.

OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
thats good thanks. Basically i bought an add on policy that covers coronovirus cancellations at about 11.35am this morning and i'm trying to prove this wasnt announced until after that

nothing like leaving it to the last minute!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
thats good thanks. Basically i bought an add on policy that covers coronovirus cancellations at about 11.35am this morning and i'm trying to prove this wasnt announced until after that

nothing like leaving it to the last minute!
Did you manage to find the time it was announced?

OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
i havent, but its not the end of the world. I'm not going until easter so if i do need to claim i can see them trying to wriggle out of it because i bought on the same day, but lets see

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
I would expect they would be able to wriggle out of it if you bought it after the FCO made the announcement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Spain has just announced a state of emergency, 16.00 BBC news. Not sure what that means but the FCO advise will be updated.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Vast areas of Spain's tourism area are on 'lockdown' as of midnight tonight
They include the Balearic Islands and the Costa Blanca including Benidorm.
From the MEN

'The Balearic government is ordering the closure of all discos, clubs, pubs, nightclubs, gyms and sports facilities - casting on Britons' spring and summer getaways..

Closures in resorts like Benidorm and other holiday hotspots along the Costa Blanca, will come into effect at midnight tonight.

Smaller bars, restaurants and cafés, as well as cinemas and theatres will have to reduce their seating capacity by a third, to a maximum of 300 people.'

The final part of the statement should allow most of the small operators especially in say Beni to stay open for the time being.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back