Favourite T.H.S

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by PORKSTER, Apr 9, 2017.

1. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Ratings:
    +2,569
    Whats your favourite temporary holiday site ? mine at thisd moment in time has to be Royal Victoria country park Netley Southampton. A few districts use this place the big rally field has a few toilets and showers now and the park and area has lots of walks etc. Few pubs and eateries local rail station bus stops only £4 pound into the city return from bust stop short walk from site. cafe on the park and a great kids playground and a light railway some nights you can see the cruise liners pass bye.

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Debs

Debs Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,509
    I've not done many THS's Paul but I was hoping to do more this year.
    Had a bargain recently on the one at Gwithian, great campsite.
    I've seen Victoria Park is used alot & may give it a go although it's a bit close to the Forest & that's such a pull. Maybe time to try something new:)

Have you seen the fb page for c&cc members called something like all the da's?
    All ths'/meets are kept updated + some seem to be on there that aren't in the mag.

3. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Ratings:
    +2,569
    I havnt seen that FB group I will take a look we are of to victoria park next weekend but have to be home for Monday unfortunately. Wife has just given up working Mondays but it dosnt start until week after Doh I could always send her home on bus or train though I guess lol

4. Debs

Debs Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,509

Dont know if this will work

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccc.allda/

Rub it in why dont you..NF only 200miles away from me:cry:

5. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Ratings:
    +2,569
    yes it worked thanks RVCP is 1hr19 Mins Ashurst campsite is 1hr 17mins get yourself to RVCP next weekend

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. Debs

Debs Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,509
    I'm at Jaws Thetford:D2

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Ratings:
    +2,569
    Rallys are just too far away for the time we have available time I get away from work friday time I get there time to come home.

• Like it Like it x 1
  8. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Ratings:
    +3,216
    image.png image.png image.png
    If you're in c&cc you can download the 'out&about' app which is brilliant. It has all the DA meets throughout the country. You put in the town and can search up to 100 miles and the list appears. You can also use the filter to search within certain dates. Photos above

9. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Ratings:
    +2,569
    I use this but its nice to get some feedback on which ones are good

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Ratings:
    +3,216
    Definitely. We were talking to neighbours who recommended a place for the bank hols weekend as they've been before, so we booked in.

11. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Ratings:
    +21,890
    Burton Bradstock, Dorset. Organised by one of the C&CC district clubs. Short walk along footpaths to the beach. West Bay is within walking distance too. Free wifi at Burton Bradstock library, couple of pubs in the village.
    Beach is where Broadchurch was filmed and I can't believe I climbed the footpath up to the cliff tops just a few years ago.

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

Ratings:
    +567
    It used to be Higher Harlyn Park near Padstow, organised by Birmingham DA during July & August. We first went for the eclipse in 1999: £10 pupn, with lovely toilets, showers, swimming pool, bar & restaurant. Normal punters were paying over £25 pn. The price is now £20 although a non-CCC family pitch would cost £30 (more if you want EHU). Drive down to one of the bays in the morning and get a good spot, before eating breakfast.

Gordon

• Like it Like it x 1