Favourite Country for Motorhoming (1 Viewer)

What is your favourite motorhoming country

• United Kingdom

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • France

Votes: 48 49.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Italy

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Has to be France love the place and it is motorhome friendly, Germany and Belgium joint second for the beer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Have only visited France, Belgium and Germany as yet, so I will concur with Ralph.
Prefer Belgian beer to German though.:ROFLMAO:

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

Hi for me its Italy, love the food and the wine, markets and just people watching.
Having a house in france I find the French boring. Germany for the beer and some great stop overs. Austria for the views, Denmark for the fly fishing and the mainly can all speak English.
Places I don,t like for the motorhome, Spain.
michael

Pronto

Free Member
Nov 17, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
France every time :thumb:

- wine, people, aires, food, weather, motorhome friendly

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
France every time :thumb:

- wine, people, aires, food, weather, motorhome friendly

My first choice also, it's such a large country, Alpine slopes, Med beaches, wild Atlantic coast, forests, rivers etc etc etc .. I never tire of touring, only downside is the dreaded Peage .. which we always try to avoid ..

A close second is Germany but I haven't toured that so much, in the Mosel valley you are spoiled for choice with a Stelplatz every few miles. Must spend more time in Germany.

If the UK was more motorhome friendly I would tour here more, Scotland and Wales are beautiful countries as indeed is much of England, but as mentioned in previous posts it's decidedly un friendly and expensive.

Spain.. not a favourite, not the country nor the people but the dire lack of aires combined with expensive sites.. the real Spain is beautiful, just stay away from the costas.

Morocco, has to be one of the most interesting countries, but being so far away many people just don't have the time to do it.. Lovely people, dramatic scenery, empty wide open deserts, high snowy mountains, wild Atlantic coast .. a country you can really feel like a pioneer.. until you run across a convoy of Brit vans.. :roflmto:

Soo much to see in so little time ..

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
has to be the UK, the others are full of foreigners. The UK is so diverse 4 countries cultures etc all within easy reach, and generally everyone understands what you are talking about, all drive on the correct side of the road, no need to change money, no ferries to catch, need I say more. Sun, sea, booze, and sex are all overrated, oh no its the men in white coats they have arrived.
coldoutside.gif

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Germany, always found the German motorhomers to be friendly, places such as the Mosel & Bavaria take some beating. Love the food, beer & wine festivals. Plenty of places to stop very cheaply or free, also lots of cycle lanes & good cycle paths along the rivers & canals. We like France but not found the French motorhomers easy to get along with for some reason (we have tried honest):Blush:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I should have voted France but as it is over 450 miles to get to Dover from here the UK, Scotland in particular, has to be my favourite. We spend about 20% of our touring days in France.

Rgds
Bill

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
its France for me and Kay with Scotland a close second ! the results of this poll need to be sent to the countries tourist offices to either thank them , or in england's case to buck their ideas up ! :thumb:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
France because :-

No one ever asks 'what are you doing here?' when i'm wild camping.

The scenery is so varied.

They have real mountains.

They are so proud of their village, department & region.

The aires & france passion.

When i'm out walking i don't have to find a hedge or tree to pee behind::bigsmile:

Other than in touristy areas if you try to speak french the locals will do anything for you.

French bread, goat cheese, fig jam, cider, calvados etc.

As a registered shortass i'm often the tallest person at the bar:roflmto:

They ignore the 'health & safety' brigade. Sign up to everything the EU puts in front of them & carry on just as they have always done.

I wish i was there now.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Haven't done much in France yet. Thought Germany was pretty motorhome friendly.
But the place we found very MH friendly was Sweden. Maybe not so many camp sites but plenty of places to wild camp and all perfectly legal.

John

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Has to be Canada - without a doubt. :thumb:

They are so geared up for it.

• Beautiful scenery
  • Spacious campsites
  • Dump stations
  • and last but not least .... Fire pits (what campings all about) :thumb:

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
For me it has to be inland Portugal.
The scenery the wildlife and the architecture are great for two of my past times, walking and photography, the people are generally kind friendly and eager to please.
During the months I spend travelling (Jan - April) the days are milder and a little longer than here in Devon.
Local food wine and beer are reasonably cheap, eating out is also affordable.
And a big plus for me the GNR (police) have a laid back attitude to wild camping::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Cheers
RickB

Link Removed

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
USA for me by a country mile the place is just so motorhome friendly and so are the people everywhere you go Rv's are welcome and encouraged.

In Europe I suppose France just pips Spain but only because its convenient. Must admit falling in love with Spain again this year but only when we left the Costa's far behind.

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
Further ahead a car has pulled two wheels on to the grass section between the traffic lanes, we come to a halt. From the car out steps a young woman on to the grass, hitches up her skirt, squats and promptly relieves herself to the full view of uninterested passers by.

Yep, it has to be France. Makes me feel good about my personal hygiene.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back