LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our son is on GiffGaff and was trying to reach us on the phone yesterday evening. Our landline would ring and we could see his number on the caller ID, but when we picked up the phone the line was dead. He told us over the net that GiffGaff had a technical problem.

I thought Giff Gaff just operated on the O2 network, so don't know what had gone wrong?

Mike

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Giffgaff problem last night was at their data centre, not a network problem. From their Service Updates Forum
At 6pm we started having an issue at our Data Centre which had been affecting Calls, Text, Data and the Website. Our Engineers were at the site and at 7:30pm identified the issue. We believe service was restored at 8:07pm, the website was later brought back online at 9pm. Sorry for any inconvenience.
It apparently isn't the first time. Jill and a couple of other members of our family use Giffgaff and it is usually OK but does seem to suffer more problems than other CSPs. It does make one wonder how resilient the company is overall.

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
The Giffgaff problem last night was at their data centre, not a network problem. From their Service Updates Forum
It apparently isn't the first time. Jill and a couple of other members of our family use Giffgaff and it is usually OK but does seem to suffer more problems than other CSPs. It does make one wonder how resilient the company is overall.

Sorry to disagree it was network from about 1800-2000
Daughter who is averse to using her land line (cost)
Free call to me as I'm giraffes
After this third time in as many months might look elsewhere

It runs on o2 network but g g rules I believe
Rung us on the landline to rant about the outrage

But some could get internet sporadically

Sorry to be disagreeable not like me a know
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes, I lost texting for about an hour :-/ But, I am in Spain and what I like is it is costing me just a reasonable amount to text and no standing charge (I have always been paying a contract before) and when I go back to the UK I can, for a very reasonable amount, add as much data and as many calls and stuff as I can handle. I am sure there are better ones out there but I kind of like Giff Gaff and it's community. Found some very helpful answers to phone issues on that forum too. Jane :Smile:

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
I have giff gaff and would recommend it. I love having control over my phone usage and pricing. I use it for work and home and have no problems. I also have an ovivo phone which is on vodaphone network. I find that loses signal more often than giff gaff.

I also find the communication through giff gaff far superior as they make extensive use of their website and community. Ask a question on giff gaff and you get an answer within minutes. No sitting on the end of an 0845 number for 10 minutes waiting to talk to a call centre.

I can forgive them a two hour outage as long as its not a regular occurrence, especially when I compare giff gaff with the alternative network operators.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back