Fault code P2563 (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
Got a Fault code P2563,
What can I look at to fix it? I have fitted a new vacuum switch that didn't work. Fitted a new MAF sensor still no good. I do have a OBD which I use to clear the fault code, but it keeps coming back. HELP.......

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Got a Fault code P2563,
What can I look at to fix it? I have fitted a new vacuum switch that didn't work. Fitted a new MAF sensor still no good. I do have a OBD which I use to clear the fault code, but it keeps coming back. HELP.......
What vehicle?

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
Most likely fault...... Turbo boost control position sensor failure
Thank you for the reply, yes that's what it is, how do I know where this sensor switch is? And what does it look like? I have already changed the vacuum switch. What else do I need to check?
Thanks.

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
Fiat Ducato 2014 180 multi Jet 3ltr diesel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Check for a hole/disconnect in the rubber pipework to the solenoid/turbo ?
We had that in a Combo van, there was a split in the underside of the small black tube from the solenoid. It wasn't visible until we actually removed the pipe from the engine bay (getting desperate by then !)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Does anything else on the vehicle not work? Check ALL your fuses.

I had a persistent fault on the MAF sensor that, with knowledgeable advice, I traced to a blown fuse for the reversing lights. Fiat use the power source for the MAF sensor............ Unbelievable but true.

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp

I had a persistent fault on the MAF sensor that, with knowledgeable advice, I traced to a blown fuse for the reversing lights. Fiat use the power source for the MAF sensor............ Unbelievable but true.
Wwhhaatt šŸ˜® well that's bloody silly of Fiat to do something like that. But I'll check when I get home this arvo. Is there something else? I have already changed the vacuum switch.

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
We had that in a Combo van, there was a split in the underside of the small black tube from the solenoid. It wasn't visible until we actually removed the pipe from the engine bay (getting desperate by then !)
Are referring to the vacuum solenoid? The one which sits behind the black box, there are 3 tubes there? 0ne is a breather, one goes to the Brake servo, and one goes to the metal tube ( it's a short one) then the other end of the metal tube must have a rubber one, is that correct? I have lived with this problem for a long time now. Every time the check engine light came on I would reset it by OBD. Now it's comes on as soon as I try to move off( apply throttle).

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
Wwhhaatt šŸ˜® well that's bloody silly of Fiat to do something like that. But I'll check when I get home this arvo. Is there something else? I have already changed the vacuum switch.
All Fuses are good. Where is sensor switch A located?

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp

Yes everything else on the vehicle is working, as far as I know, I have checked all the Fuses, under the Dash and in the engine bay. Was told to check all vacuum hose from the vacuum switch onwards. The vacuum pipe at the Turbo I can't even see it. Driving me CrazyšŸ˜«šŸ˜”

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
Checked all pipes and tubes all good. Cleaned out plug/connection on Turbo Acctuator. Everything on the vehicle is working, as far as I know, fault still there. One thing I did notice the fault only come when I apply gentle throttle.

OP
OP
T
Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato 180 3ltr
Exp
Just had a quick look online and this came up, https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/331754-p2563-turbo-position-sensor.html but due to the cost, I'd be wanting a second opinion before throwing a turbo at it. Have you had it in a garage or are you reading the codes yourself ?
Thank you for the reply,
I have a OBD which I been using. I already had a new Turbo fitted approximately 5/6 thousand klms ago, the code came back i have been putting up with it for a while now, Fiat Agents here in Australia are not worth a bucket of cold piss, and there isnt one in Newcastle (NSW) there was one but they shut down for ripping people off. Sorry mate iam going on a bitšŸ˜‚ but its bloody annoying. Also iam trying to find out where is the boost pressure sensor located on a 3ltr, without success. If you can find it let me know.šŸ‘

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back