Farewell Benidorm, but we will be back. (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
After over 190 days we have left Beni this afternoon, and are now parked up at the Zaragoza Sobradiel services for the night. Despite the strange weather again this winter it has been a great 6 months with our fellow Funsters. We have thoroughly enjoyed your company and companionship and for that we truly thank you all. There are too many to list and if we did we would probably leave someone out so we won't do the list.
Thanks for a great winter and we will be back to do it all again in 6 months.
Cheers
Ed & Shirley
IMG_20180412_192916.jpg
IMG_20180412_192927.jpg

The tomatoes are on their way to South Wales, couldn't leave them behind :D

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
See you soon. Drive safely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
After over 190 days we have left Beni this afternoon, and are now parked up at the Zaragoza Sobradiel services for the night. Despite the strange weather again this winter it has been a great 6 months with our fellow Funsters. We have thoroughly enjoyed your company and companionship and for that we truly thank you all. There are too many to list and if we did we would probably leave someone out so we won't do the list.
Thanks for a great winter and we will be back to do it all again in 6 months.
Cheers
Ed & Shirley
View attachment 224670 View attachment 224671
The tomatoes are on their way to South Wales, couldn't leave them behind :D
Well I hope you’ve got a greenhouse! It’s been flippin cold here last few days.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Over 190 days eh! - so your automatically a Spanish resident and driving a foreign registered vehicle which could be confiscated - umm - very brave of you! :)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Safe travels both.....it was great meeting you both again in beni ....hope all the roads are clear of the snow for an easy trip back to wales but lookout for all the large potholes in the road if you are travelling from folkstone not like the good portugese and spanish motorways lol

John n Kath xx

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Safe trip great to meet up with you in Beni, catch up with you on a rally later in the year Perri & Tony

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Sheddy. Ed, a big thanks to you and Shirley (and others too :) ) for helping to make our first "Snowbirding" experience an enjoyable one. (y) It made all the difference to us, having company and a bit of friendly guidance, and it's something we'd like to do again. We didn't think we'd take to Benidorm....................and ended up staying 5 x weeks. :LOL:

Safe travels up the road, and we'll see you both at the Bring & Buy. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Where in Benidorm did you stay, 'er indoors is beginning to make plans for this Christmas and new year and apparently "we" are looking for somewhere nice with food and drink some life and the chance to enjoy.

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
We've booked Villasol arriving in October for 4 months :) it'll be our first time taking Fi Fi our MH abroad. We have an Itineo / Rapido. Been to Spain several times but not Benidorm:).
Looking forward to getting some friendly advice(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We've booked Villasol arriving in October for 4 months :) it'll be our first time taking Fi Fi our MH abroad. We have an Itineo / Rapido. Been to Spain several times but not Benidorm:).

No dogs at Villasol.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, To Shirley and Eddy just to let you know that the empty spaces at Villasol that you thought work was going to be started on now have rows of trailer tents on all the same colour and style it looks a bit like a tropical army camp :D

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi, To Shirley and Eddy just to let you know that the empty spaces at Villasol that you thought work was going to be started on now have rows of trailer tents on all the same colour and style it looks a bit like a tropical army camp :D
Mike they had a couple of rows last Summer that were still there up to Xmas, have they put them right down to the front this time?
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We hopefully will be back in the middle of September along with other regular Funsters arriving throughout the winter, join the Benidorm Snowbirds group to find out if and what is going on, also you will generally find folks on the Toretta or Villasol bar terraces most days at about 4pm.
Cheers
Ed

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
We hopefully will be back in the middle of September along with other regular Funsters arriving throughout the winter, join the Benidorm Snowbirds group to find out if and what is going on, also you will generally find folks on the Toretta or Villasol bar terraces most days at about 4pm.
Cheers
Ed
Thanks. Will definitely keep an eye on these threads.
We've been to Spain as I mentioned, but we've not travelled abroad in Fi Fi yet.
Really looking forward to Benidorm (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we are still heart broken. :(

I can understand that. It was puppy in your name that triggered my reply.

You can't go wrong in Villasol, it's the closest to the beach and convenient for just about everything.

Some of the showers are to die for, vertical steam baths. Glorious.

Bikes help for the far side of town or Altea.

The main market is a big plus too, for coppers you can get the best Churros on the planet.

If you like Chinese food you will be spoiled for choice. This one is one of the best we have ever eaten at:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@38.5...4!1sDrMv2lDgpv54cAHay7qTrA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
I can understand that. It was puppy in your name that triggered my reply.

You can't go wrong in Villasol, it's the closest to the beach and convenient for just about everything.

Some of the showers are to die for, vertical steam baths. Glorious.

Bikes help for the far side of town or Altea.

The main market is a big plus too, for coppers you can get the best Churros on the planet.

If you like Chinese food you will be spoiled for choice. This one is one of the best we have ever eaten at:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@38.5...4!1sDrMv2lDgpv54cAHay7qTrA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Thanks.....thats the type of info we're looking for. (y)(y)

We really miss our pawwavingpuppy:(

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
Anywhere in Beni that does take dogs? Is it advisable to book for a couple of weeks end of September early October?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back