Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Could we please have a FAQ document/posting that covers the following:

A) Where can I park in Dover?
B) Where can I park waiting for the Eurotunnel?
C) Where can I park in Calais/Any French Port?

I may be getting old/senile but even I can search MHF for the answer.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
FAQs kill a forum, even the simplest ones like to you propose. It's hard enough to get people to post as it is, a well written FAQ will give newbies less reasons to post and the communty aspect of the club will decline. I would rather answer the same question a 1000 times than tell a newbie to RTFFAQ once. This is the way many less friendly forums do it. A personal answer to a simple question can encourage more questions and the community grows.

Pecked out on my iphone

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I know where you are coming from Dave, does get a bit repetitive .. but I agree with Jim on this.

More annoying for me are posts in the wrong forums ..

for example. .. we have all sorts of non related motorhome posts in motorhome chat.. and other topics about motorhomes that have their own forum..

I know it can happen by accident, or there isn't a forum for a particular question, done it myself, but many posters are either too lazy to look for an appropriate forum or don't know they exist ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I agree Jim it can be annoying, but the worse thing you can do ( i know you don't) is point out the error, forums are very confusing to newbies, and I'd rather they post anywhere than nowhere for fear of posting in the right place. We suffer more here than most as we do not have a load of moderators berating posters and moving the posts to the correct forum, I move them when I can:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I agree Jim it can be annoying, but the worse thing you can do ( i know you don't) is point out the error, forums are very confusing to newbies, and I'd rather they post anywhere than nowhere for fear of posting in the right place. We suffer more here than most as we do not have a load of moderators berating posters and moving the posts to the correct forum, I move them when I can:Blush:

Once again I agree.. and I appreciate how hard it is to keep forum discipline and it is bad form to point out errors .. it only antagonises people.

however.. it's not only newbies .. some old hands are just as guilty .. :RollEyes:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have to agree with Jim. Having seen how people are treated elsewhere it must be better to allow people to pose questions that they don't know the answer to than to feel intimidated if they dare ask something that others are already aware of. If they knew where to find the answer they wouldn't be asking the question. Maybe not every newcomer has spotted the 'Search' button amongst the others at the top of the screen and not all are savvy with computers.
Wyn

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
OOps i have been guilty of late berating some for posting risque jokes in the u shaped lounge rather than the belly locker.

I have to say though why bother with the "rules" and why bother with different forums?

My apologies Jim. I will keep my nose out in future. :Blush:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have to say though why bother with the "rules" and why bother with different forums?

Well, it's the same as everything in life .. there are those who respect and see the reasons and those who don't and say bollox, I'll do their own thing .. like those that piss on the floor instead of the urinal .. see it all the time :RollEyes:

It's like a chest of drawers or filing cabinet .. when kept in order it makes things quick easy to find ... that's why I like threads in the correct forum..

Maybe my upbringing and training as an apprentice but I like things orderly and tidy.. being untidy and sloppy is the sign of an untidy and sloppy mind..

I'll also keep my nose out in the future..

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i did serch for a mower thread,but could not find one so as it was motorhome related i thought motorhom chat was right,am i wrong:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i did serch for a mower thread,but could not find one so as it was motorhome related i thought motorhom chat was right,am i wrong:Blush:

I couldn't possibly comment ...

but look in Hobbies , sub forum: Fishing :reel: :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back