Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
My ceiling fan has stopped working :(
Had a fiddle with it, the motor (to open the hatch) starts to operate but immediately stops before opening. It's a 12volt motor but it's only getting 9.5volt according to my multimeter.
If i connect the motor to 12 volt (separate battery bench test) it continues running.
Does that sound like a PCB problem, anyone have any experience of these fans or where they can be repaired ?
TIA

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sounds like a problem I had with the door window motor, quick try and stop. The electronics detected too much current, much lubrication and helping glass and it has been fine ever since.

Since you can power it off 12V, do so a few times with a lot of lubrication and keep your fingers crossed.

Naturally, any bad sounds or smoke - stop.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Low voltage when motor not running may be a bad connection. Check for corrosion?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Although I have one, never had one to bits, I don't think there is much in the way of electronics unless you have the rain sensing one. At a guess I would think it could be thermocouple playing up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
It does have a rain sensor and there is a pcb doing something.
The dome lift motor runs continuously when bench tested either on 12 volt or on a 9v battery
But connected to the unit, it cuts out after a moment and this seems to cut the current to the motor which although I`m not very knowledgeable about these things it leaves me thinking there may be a pcb problem ? so I`m out of my depth !
I`ll try and find someone that repairs / services them but no doubt they`ll want to sell me a new one

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The dome lift motor runs continuously when bench tested either on 12 volt or on a 9v battery
But connected to the unit, it cuts out after a moment

If you are saying in both cases the motor is loose from the unit then there is the possibility the pcb senses motor rotation via a sensor in the unit and when it senses no motion it assumes the unit is jammed or at it's limit and stops.

Have you run the motor off a battery connected when to the unit to see it it turns then and might clean up the gearing ?

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Have you run the motor off a battery connected when to the unit to see it it turns then and might clean up the gearing ?

I might try that, but I can open the dome manually which I have dome to make sure it`s not the seal that has stuck to the dome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back