Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Over the past month all I’ve used the van for is the weekly shop, approximately 5 miles round trip. Yesterday, on my return, one of the fans kicked in whilst driving and continued for about 2 minutes after switching engine off.

Decided to take it up the motorway today, to give her a good run (approximately 20 miles). The fan came on again before reaching the motorway, good run up to the next junction and back and the fan had stopped. Temperature Gauge is normal. I also had been running the cab air con to help clear the windows.

Nothing on the dash to say it’s doing a filter regeneration (does it have a warning sign for it?)

I’ve searched on here, some say it’s normal, others say it’s not. 🤷‍♂️

Nothing in the manual as far as I can see.

It’s a Fiat Ducato, 2.3L 140bhp, 2020 (picked it up in September) with less than 1500 miles on the clock at the moment.

Running fine and no overheating.........normal?:unsure:

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Perfectly normal. I have a 2020 160 which does the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, it’s perfectly normal, although it surprised me the first time it happened on changing motorhomes. (y)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Over the past month all I’ve used the van for is the weekly shop, approximately 5 miles round trip. Yesterday, on my return, one of the fans kicked in whilst driving and continued for about 2 minutes after switching engine off.

Decided to take it up the motorway today, to give her a good run (approximately 20 miles). The fan came on again before reaching the motorway, good run up to the next junction and back and the fan had stopped. Temperature Gauge is normal. I also had been running the cab air con to help clear the windows.

Nothing on the dash to say it’s doing a filter regeneration (does it have a warning sign for it?)

I’ve searched on here, some say it’s normal, others say it’s not. 🤷‍♂️

Nothing in the manual as far as I can see.

It’s a Fiat Ducato, 2.3L 140bhp, 2020 (picked it up in September) with less than 1500 miles on the clock at the moment.

Running fine and no overheating.........normal?:unsure:
Yeah. Ours does this all the time. It's a bit of a shock first time it happens as it's so loud. In the olden days, when electric fans were new, it was often the sign of a problem. Not so these days it seems.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
A lot of engines do that as part of a regen as mentioned above, the more mileage the engine has done, the less effective the short regen (Italian decoke) runs are and they need a long run more often.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back